• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Guns, Rollers, Chargers Do YOU use?

ShelbyPlayz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ShelbyPlayz
Honestly, I am a roller lover!
I play with the Krack-on roller and sometimes the Hero's roller!
But at times I play the inkbrush and I sure suck with it!

But for guns I really only use the NZAP 89'
but I rarely use chargers so do not expect anything from my charger game!

Enough about me! what about YOU!

Devicho

Inkling
NNID
Devicho
I shuffle around an awful lot, as to have the ability to adapt, but if I had to pick my top weapons for each current category…

Rollers: Krak-On, sometimes Gold Dynamo, and Octobrush since it technically counts.

Shooters: Splattershot Jr., Aerospray RG here and there.

Chargers: Kelp Splattescope is pretty much the only one I use consistently.

I'm sure I'm forgetting one somehow, but these are the ones that spring to mind first!

Anything13

Inkling
NNID
Anything13
I haven't used many rollers but i,m trying to use them more often now
Splattershot jr aerospray rg .52 gal deco
and the E-Liter 3k with or with out the scope

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Gosh, I use a lot of weapons.....just to be able to adapt.....but let's see...... okay
Rollers: My favorite is the hero roller because it looks cool. Also am a fan of the dynamo brothers too. Unfortunately I prefer the ink and octobrush as my melee weapon of choice.
Shooters: Definitely the 96 gal and deco version. coming up the list would be splat jr, Nozzlenose, and Dual Squelcher
Chargers: big BIG fan of the kelp splat charger. I've inked over 140,000 points of turf with that gun. Other than that it would probably be the elitre 3k

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
The Aerospray MG or inkbrush are my favorite weapons for turf war.

The .52 Gal or Splattershot Pro are my main splatzone weapons.

I'm not sure about tower control yet though.

florence

Full Squid
guns: L3 nozzlenose is the best tbh
rollers: splat roller
charger: uh...i have to leave

Auregash

Inkling
NNID
mgeritz89
My favorite is the .52 Gallon Deko (Main)
Its such a nice weapon in PVP an it makes so much damage and scoring so many kills. The inkconsumtion is okay

A solid gun for Ranked Matches

I searching for a good weapon for normal battles. Hate Rolers an Snipers ... what can i use?

Tilly

Inkling
NNID
tillyrabbit
Guns : Dual sqleucher, aerospray RG if its for fun, tentatek splattershot if I'm losing continuously.

Rollers : I hardly use rollers but I ca use the krak on and the dynamo fine.

Charger : ...uh..I guess the e litres? I never use chargers but I have done okay with those two.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
For guns, I use the Tentatek sometimes 'cause everyone says it's great, and it can be fun to charge in front, but I prefer the N-ZAP '89. Sometimes I use the Hero Shot Replica if I feel like showing off that I have the Squid amiibo.

Rollers? I used the Krak-On once and didn't completely hate it, so let's go with that.

Chargers are my fave, and of them my most favorite is the New Squiffer, but damn if it's hard to use without having teammates back you up; it's certainly no carry weapon. The Kelp Splattershot is what I use for Splat Zones though, and fortunately there you have a little more power on your own.

Njok

Bouncer
I used to have a main weapon and then i discovered that almost all the weapons in this game are so much fun :D

But if i have to choose:

Rollers: Dynamo, even though i used the Krak on way more. Probably the gold version because splat bombs. I stay away from brushes, that's not my thing.

Shooters: 96 Gal Deco. Again not my most used gun, but for sure the most fun.

Chargers: Splatterscope because splat bombs everywhere!!

Also recently discovered how much fun blasters are. Someone suggested the Custom version which i've been using so i'll go with that. Will add the regular one too soon because i love disruptors.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Please post threads in the appropriate board. This thread is about weapons, so it goes in the Weapons board.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Guns: All of them
Rollers: All of them
Chargers: All of them

I like switching my weapon every few matches

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
For guns, I main Dual Squelchers for all modes, but sometimes for turf I go Aerospray RG and for rankeds Tentatek Splattershot.

For rollers, splat and krak-on.

And for chargers, Kelp Splatterscope.

☆Vale

Inkling
NNID
vale0599
I really hate rollers , slasher ,inkbrushers and octobrush they are annoying xD I use Splattershot Jr or Aerospray MG for turf wars for ranks I use .52 Gal Deco

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I've got quite a few, so let's see here...
For Shooters, I like the Aerospray RG, the .52 Gal Deco and the N-Zap '89. The Aerospray RG has really fast fire, Ink Mines for when I feel like dropping a mine on something and Inkstrikes to drop on enemies or Splat Zones/Towers; it's pretty weak, but getting close mitigates that weakness. The .52 Gal Deco has fairly good power and range, Seekers to throw at enemies from a distance and travel behind, and Inkstrikes to drop on enemies/Splat Zones/Towers; its speed leaves something to be desired, but it's alright otherwise. The N-Zap '89 has a fast fire rate, decent range, Sprinklers to cover areas and charge for Inkstrikes, and Inkstrikes for Inkstrike things; it's kinda weak, and the lack of spread hurts at times, but this is still a good weapon. I could put the Tentatek Splattershot here, but I prefer the Splat Roller.
For Chargers, I'm okay with the E-Liter 3K Scope and the Splat Charger. The E-Liter Scope has insane reach and good power (especially after a Damage Up or two), Burst Bombs for close combat, and Echolocator for a free refill and to spot enemies for easier sniping; it doesn't charge quickly, and my aim sucks most of the time, but it's the Charger I'm most comfortable with. The Splat Charger charges fairly quickly, does pretty good damage (after a Damage Up or two), has Splat Bombs for rolling on the ground for close combat or throwing over walls, and Bomb Rush to cover sizable areas in high-damage inksplosions; I'm still not good at aiming Chargers, and the lack of Burst Bombs isn't great, but it's alright.
For Rollers, I like the Splat Roller and Gold Dynamo Roller. The Splat Roller is the Roller answer to the Tentatek Splattershot; it has decent range and power (and with a Damage Up or two, the edge can splat fairly reliably too), you can roll to create a wide inkroad for your teammates, Suction Bombs are good for making enemies move (good against Chargers), and Killer Wail is nice for making enemies move from across the stage as well (especially in Ranked, where I can aim it toward the Splat Zone or a nearby sniper perch or the Tower and generally affect someone); its range leaves something to be desired, and it's not that quick, but it's very well-balanced, able to take on most situations. The Gold Dynamo Roller stands in contrast to other Rollers; it rolls slowly, swings slowly and is very ink-inefficient, but in exchange its swings are HUGE (and with a Damage Up or two, the whole thing splats reliably), it has Splat Bombs to toss at Chargers or other longer-ranged foes, and it has Inkstrike to do Inkstrike things; overall, the opposite of other Rollers, and a pretty good weapon.
For Brushes, the Octobrush is the only choice. It's fast, its swings are respectably strong (3-shot splat), it has decent range (especially on the sides, seriously I get so many splats on people just off to the sides of me), it has Squid Beakons to place so your team can follow you (or so you can return to them if you get splatted. Which I do. Often), and it has the Kraken to release when you're under attack to get away or when you're about to ambush foes to do one-hit-splats; its range is still fairly short, but it's a great weapon, at least I think so.
For Splatlings, the Heavy Splatling is awesome. It requires a bit of wind-up to be most effective, sure, and its damage per hit is kinda low, yeah, but its fire rate is absurd given its long range, it can spray for quite a while to cover sizable areas fairly quickly in a single burst, it has Splash Walls so you can wind up in peace before unleashing the deluge, and it has Inkstrike, which is always welcome. Overall, a great weapon, and a personal favorite.
I'm not good with Blasters at all, and I don't feel good enough with the Slosher to say I'm alright with it yet.
That's all for now, maybe there'll be more in the future (looking forward to future Splatlings in particular).

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Turf War: Aerospray, Splash-o-matic Nzap, Inkbrush, Octobrush, Bucket,Splatter Shot Jr, Neo Splash-o-matic.

Rank Mode: Primarily the Nozzlenose. Will also use the .96, .56 gal weapons and the splattershots.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
chargers: classic squiffer. occasionally hero charger.
rapidfire: splattershot pro forge. pretty much exclusively.
rollers: none at all. i just can't play seem to play this class. if i play any from this class ever, it's the carbon roller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom