• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What has been your worst experience in solo queue?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The occasional painful loss, or loss streak in ranked aside, I've never had a truly infuriating solo ranked experience I can think of. One time I was playing ranked, and I had a super difficult player who kept dominating on the other team, and I would keep leaving those lobbies. That person proceeded to follow me to two other lobbies, always paired against me every step of the way, and always winning easily. I remember being angry and annoyed, but not super frustrated to the point where I was thinking bad thoughts.

My worst experience in my 600+ hours of this game came from a particular Splatfest match that makes me angry to even think about now.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Was that in one of the newer Splatfests?
It was actually, I may as well tell the story, I remember going straight to the salt thread here after I turned off the game. lol

The match was going terribly poorly for us, being totally dominated, and to make matters worse, two people on the other team were taunting me after each kill. As bad as that was, I was the only one being taunted after getting taken out, which confused and angered me more, as I felt I was being targeted. I spent like the second half of the match laying low and observing if they taunted my teammates being splatted, but they did not. I come out, get splatted, and get taunted, so it wasn't just me being paranoid.

This was one of the Splatfests where all regions were playing together, I was the only non Japanese player in the lobby. As much as I hate to be so presumptuous, I can only think they were messing with me because I was the only non Japanese player in the match. I won't say that's the true reason it happened, but I can't think of a single other reason why either, which kinda makes things worse. So having a brutal one sided match was bad, being taunted made it worse, and possibly being taunted to make me feel unwelcome made it infuriating.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
It was actually, I may as well tell the story, I remember going straight to the salt thread here after I turned off the game. lol

The match was going terribly poorly for us, being totally dominated, and to make matters worse, two people on the other team were taunting me after each kill. As bad as that was, I was the only one being taunted after getting taken out, which confused and angered me more, as I felt I was being targeted. I spent like the second half of the match laying low and observing if they taunted my teammates being splatted, but they did not. I come out, get splatted, and get taunted, so it wasn't just me being paranoid.

This was one of the Splatfests where all regions were playing together, I was the only non Japanese player in the lobby. As much as I hate to be so presumptuous, I can only think they were messing with me because I was the only non Japanese player in the match. I won't say that's the true reason it happened, but I can't think of a single other reason why either, which kinda makes things worse. So having a brutal one sided match was bad, being taunted made it worse, and possibly being taunted to make me feel unwelcome made it infuriating.
That sounds VERY similar to something that happened to me yesterday. I was doing an Iron Man Kill Challenge and I was on the Kelp Splat Charger, and obviously I wasn't looking to win b/c it was a kill challenge & it didn't matter, but what happened to me was pretty ****ed up (this wasn't in ranked but who cares). At the very end of the game, both a Neo Sploosh & a Tentatek tea bagged me (& anyone else they killed), acting like they were all that, even though a) we had a disconnect, b) they didn't, and c) we had no way of coming back or fighting back (also we were on Moray so we were especially screwed). It was annoying because they were literally ****ing rubbing it in, and I just assumed they were having a sh*t day and were on a losing streak, because only complete, heartless ****s would tea bag in that situation. (Btw, if I sound salty it's because my word choice exemplifies how I felt at the moment.)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Yeeeeeeep, racism has happened to me too, reading this reminded me of one notably unpleasant match. All Japanese players, and I noticed a few seconds in that this one jerk with a dual squelcher on my team was following me and shooting me. That's all he was doing. I had never seen this guy before, and his name was weird enough that I'd have remembered it. After a while he just started super jumping to me endlessly for the last minute of the match. I can only assume he saw my English name and decided it was worth throwing the match over. Egh.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
That sounds VERY similar to something that happened to me yesterday. I was doing an Iron Man Kill Challenge and I was on the Kelp Splat Charger, and obviously I wasn't looking to win b/c it was a kill challenge & it didn't matter, but what happened to me was pretty ****ed up (this wasn't in ranked but who cares). At the very end of the game, both a Neo Sploosh & a Tentatek tea bagged me (& anyone else they killed), acting like they were all that, even though a) we had a disconnect, b) they didn't, and c) we had no way of coming back or fighting back (also we were on Moray so we were especially screwed). It was annoying because they were literally ****ing rubbing it in, and I just assumed they were having a sh*t day and were on a losing streak, because only complete, heartless ****s would tea bag in that situation. (Btw, if I sound salty it's because my word choice exemplifies how I felt at the moment.)
Oh man, anyone who is taunting when the other team is at a disadvantage like that is just scummy. I've only encountered that once or twice, but I remember being pretty upset about that. Your experience would have put me in a sour mood too, so you don't need to feel weird for feeling so angry.

Yeeeeeeep, racism has happened to me too, reading this reminded me of one notably unpleasant match. All Japanese players, and I noticed a few seconds in that this one jerk with a dual squelcher on my team was following me and shooting me. That's all he was doing. I had never seen this guy before, and his name was weird enough that I'd have remembered it. After a while he just started super jumping to me endlessly for the last minute of the match. I can only assume he saw my English name and decided it was worth throwing the match over. Egh.
Thankfully it's not a real common problem with the game. My experience was the only time I encountered such a toxic group. I would not be surprised if almost half of all my matches in Splatoon were me with a full Japanese lobby, and that had never happened before or since then. I guess I just encountered two the rudest people I could in one match. lol

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Kind of figures that it in a newer Splatfest. Only that would happen during a new one, because imo, the new splatfests were disgusting. I absolutely hated them. They were hardly any fun, losing two teammates usually resulted in a lock, and I would usually just lose games because both my teams and myself sucked tremendously in comparison to the other team. And now that I think back on it, it's as if every team I lost to had a means of communication or something, which is outrageous.

Pretty much every experience I had in those final Splatfests were worse than anything that ever happened to me in Ranked (which is probably because I've never really played it that much, which was a mistake). It was too stressful just to get some snails that probably won't even help a guy, which is why I really hope 30 wins for a snail will be available at launch, because then every Splatfest will be cancer (since they're probably not getting rid of Splatfest power).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Kind of figures that it in a newer Splatfest. Only that would happen during a new one, because imo, the new splatfests were disgusting. I absolutely hated them. They were hardly any fun, losing two teammates usually resulted in a lock, and I would usually just lose games because both my teams and myself sucked tremendously in comparison to the other team. And now that I think back on it, it's as if every team I lost to had a means of communication or something, which is outrageous.

Pretty much every experience I had in those final Splatfests were worse than anything that ever happened to me in Ranked (which is probably because I've never really played it that much, which was a mistake). It was too stressful just to get some snails that probably won't even help a guy, which is why I really hope 30 wins for a snail will be available at launch, because then every Splatfest will be cancer (since they're probably not getting rid of Splatfest power).
Chalk it up to different experiences, because in my case the splatfests after the mechanics were changed had some of the best, most challenging teams I've faced in turf.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I can't remember. Nothing too bad as happened other than small mistakes happening and stuff. I usually don't take losses that hard.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Hackers. There was a period of about a week where I came across at least one hacker every day, from supersonic rollers to infinite kraken/infinite burst bomb players. One time I actually beat the hackers and it was the greatest feeling in the game, but every other time has been miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom