What Headgear do you use?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
This is what I'm currently using:

With this setup, you want either 3 Bomb Range mains (for a bit of extra Bomb Range) or 2 Damage Mains and 1 Bomb Range main (for a bit of extra Damage), any other combination doesn't give a boost.

I'll get back to you when I roll the Damage mains with Bomb Range subs x.x
I currently use:
Pilot Goggles :head_eye002: :ability_bombrange:|:ability_specialduration::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
Zink Layered LS :clothes_tly004: :ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_quicksuperjump:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Obviously not complete. I can't give up ink resistance just yet, but the damage and bomb range seem decent. I'd like to get pure gear on that but, I mean, I'm not competing or anything. For me, 2(ish) bomb range ups seems to work well enough. That extra damage sub would be really nice though...

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I currently use:
Pilot Goggles :head_eye002: :ability_bombrange:|:ability_specialduration::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
Zink Layered LS :clothes_tly004: :ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_quicksuperjump:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Obviously not complete. I can't give up ink resistance just yet, but the damage and bomb range seem decent. I'd like to get pure gear on that but, I mean, I'm not competing or anything. For me, 2(ish) bomb range ups seems to work well enough. That extra damage sub would be really nice though...
Oh also, if you update your "What gear to use" thread:

6 Subs to 2 Mains of Damage is pretty much the standard/necessary amount of damage agreed upon among the tournament players in my Splattershot Discord. You really don't want to sacrifice that damage for any reason, as you need that damage to allow Splash Damage from a Burst Bomb to still 2-shot kill with a second direct hit, and it deals with Defense. To start building for Splattershot, you start with that much Damage and build bomb range and Ink Recovery into the rest. Movement speed is an option too.

The one Sub of Sub-Saver is an optional Splattershot-specific strategy, as it allowes you to throw 4 burst bombs and still fire a few shots afterwards guaranteed. For other Burst Bomb weapons, 3 subs of Ink Recovery is better, and if you don't want to waste gear on the Splattershot it's okay to use 3 Ink Recovery Subs on Splattershot too.

The best way to "ghetto roll" this build is to use the Squidmark Sweat and roll a combination of the other subs you want across a hat and shoe so you don't have to rely on pure rolls. I would use Sun Visor and Pink Trainers TBH, get 3 damage subs on them and the rest Ink Recovery (they are both Bomb Range Tentatek).

Last edited:

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
I usually like wearing the amiibo Hair clip since I like having fast swim speed and it has sub-abilities that I rolled that I like. Plus it's the only swim speed hat I like so :p

dubious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hyomin
I usually use the Retro Specs, due to both the main Quick Respawn and having rolled three Ink Saver (Main) on it (though it's the brand's likely ability).

Fake Contact are nice too, just don't use them as much due to poor subs and not wanting to spend the snails to reroll them right now.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I like using my squash headband (with chargers and octobrush) since it is pure with all damage up

juls

Inkling
A fan of the Bobble Hat or Soccer Headband, which I can't find an image for. Tenacity as a main is amazing and headgear exclusive. Really good for turf war battles and winning them at the last moment, especially if you have to carry your team.

For ranked battles I'd say Comeback would be a better main ability (also headgear exclusive I think?) because you die so much more often. I'm trying to roll my headband to have three ink recovery subs to move through the maps faster.

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
White Headband with two damage ups and one special charge up. I love ink recovery up, it feels like Ink saver main and sub squeezed into one (in practice, I mean).

I dislike running damage ups on my chargers (samurai's honour) in favour of speed and ink efficiency, but those two attack ups I like to sneak in for those occasional clutch moments in close combat where you have to let it go at 90% charge and pray for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom