• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What If Disruptors Came Back?

Rat L. Boy

Inkling
So Toxic Mist is generally considered not very good, and Disruptor was more fun to use, so what if they just brought back Disruptor? I think that would be cool. What do you think about this, and what weapon kits would you want it on?

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Disruptor is probably the best sub weapon in the series. The power level of Splat 3 is lower than Splat 1 on top of that, so you'd need to be extremely careful about giving it to weapons that can take advantage of it. This would mean that putting it on the traditional Disruptor weapons like Mini Splatling and L3 are no-nos, and it can only really exist on things like Jr. Because of this, I don't think it would be worth it ─ it would essentially be relegated to a few bad weapons and you wouldn't be able to experience what made Disruptor fun to use in the first place.

Rat L. Boy

Inkling
Was it really broken though, because I don’t think any of S1’s best weapons had it except Zimi?

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
yeah disruptor was completely busted
every single time i have heard comp players from splat 1 talk about the game, they always mentioned how overpowered disruptor was

i would much rather just take a mist buff
hopefully they just increase the effects or make it last like 1.5 seconds after leaving the mist or something

plus it would suck if there were 2 subs that were essentially the same but 1 of them is just drastically better

Rat L. Boy

Inkling
The mist buff is a good idea. My original idea is that it would replace mist, but that’s probably better. I think adding a short lingering effect to the mist would be cool. Squid rolls should also be stopped when they go through the mist.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Splat 1 barely had any weapons with Disruptor and the range to abuse it. The few that had it were super dangerous. Mini was the one that also got Bubble on top of being able to checkmate kill stunned opponents, which is why it was so insanely busted.

Compare that to weapons like Tri Slosher and Custom Jr. They were less dangerous because they didn't threaten to pick you off from range every time you got poisoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom