What if we all collectively chose to stop running cooler?

Coastline

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3538-6274-5019
this was an idea i got from a friend that posted it on twitter, but it is a good question. what if the competitive scene just chose to not run a cooler weapon. what weapons would we see? would we see return? what would even get a comeback arc?

Chiro

Inkster Jr.
The meta would be a lot more chaotic for sure, mainly getting instant hard punished by things that can easily pick up a kill ie a Zooka, Inkjet and even Splashdown to name a few. Either way, it will become much more easier to kill off an opposing teams momentum once you get a kill to your advantage. Wouldn’t be a fan of it personally…

With no cooler, this would most likely happen:

• Sharking in general would become more relevant again. I definitely believe Ninja Squid would make a grand return, especially on shooters and the obvious rollers, tri and etc.

• Weapons relying on QR would also be very solid. Especially Tetras and Wiper. These weapons were never reliant on Cooler and can keep on taking risks by pressuring while preserving overall momentum.

• Chargers like RP Liter too would be very strong and hard to fight against without cooler. (On the contrary, self-sufficient weapons like Crab (Splash,Stamper,52 too) would be hard weapons to fight as well with their tools.)

I think the meta will especially revolve around the three points. Sharking, Hyper-Offense, and slow, hard to dismantle comps

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
We'd almost certainly see a ballpoint resurgence and like chiro said, a return of qr weapons. Blasters would fall off. Stuff like machine would rise back up a little, especially the neo machine. Zooka weapons will be getting even MORE value. Not sure about sharking weapons being super meta, they've always been in a weird spot where very few teams will build around a sharking weapon, and while those teams do well pretty often, it's just that the comps can be potentially unstable. Plus, stuff like carbon actually really enjoy playing with cooler at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom