• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what is currently the best carry pick for solo q?

Xquirt

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5696-6761-2303
Whichever weapon your best with (if it’s not too team reliant)

Reactions: Bag

Zonink

DUNKACCINO
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-0113-7061-9838
Default answer is whatever you are good at.

Historical answer is prolly squeeze/52

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
depends on the rank too. if you get clash early then people are gonna crumble at the lower ranks
but yeah it's definitely not to be underestimated just how much playing a weapon you're genuinely good at will help you win games

Reactions: Bag

aloevera

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6380-4920-7328
stamper, shot, 52 are probably top 3 for soloq carrying. if youre a backline or support then rip ggs

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
actually yeah thats very possible but at that point youd have to adjust to a support/slayer hybrid playstyle since having to carry means you cant rely on others to make game winning plays.

also stan power i like just finished csm part 1 this weekend
There isn't much of an adjustment to make tbh. Minus the build you run. cbk +1m1s of ISS and you get double fizzy, run some SCU+BPU+SPU and you're cooking. I can still crank 7 coolers a game with the recent 210p nerf, while still getting plenty of splats.

edit: csm was very nice

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
stamper, shot, 52 are probably top 3 for soloq carrying. if youre a backline or support then rip ggs
honestly fully disagree on stamper. that weapon is HARD, way too hard for it to be a "carry" weapon if you're trying to pick it up just to win games. took me ages to be able to consistently kill with that thing

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
honestly fully disagree on stamper. that weapon is HARD, way too hard for it to be a "carry" weapon if you're trying to pick it up just to win games. took me ages to be able to consistently kill with that thing
hard but if you put in the work it does just carry so i feel like it fits the criteria

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
maybe i've got a different definition of a carry weapon then, cuz i figured they meant something that you can pick up and just start winning games easily without much work. stuff like tri-slosher or vshot definitely feel that way to me sometimes, but not stamper

.zip

Inkling
maybe i've got a different definition of a carry weapon then, cuz i figured they meant something that you can pick up and just start winning games easily without much work. stuff like tri-slosher or vshot definitely feel that way to me sometimes, but not stamper
I’m not factoring skill floor / ceiling , it’s either good or bad

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Shot or 52, always been solid choices for just winning. they're simple, low skill ceiling, strong on most maps & have decent matchups across the board. Crazy popoff potential, quick kill time & decent specials.

Mr Sark

Inkster Jr.
I think the better question is what weapon can contribute to your chances of winning matches. You can try to carry all you want with most weapons but a lot of the time as we all know, we get let down by teammates.

I've played a variety of weapons and reach top 500 with multiple weapons and IMO is neo splash and squeezer. Splash as a main weapon is very easy to use(mobility & kill power) which allows you to make desperate plays and have a high chance of success literally forcing yourself to win. Squeezer has amazing range combined with kill power allows it to win all matchups, if you're not playing it you're throwing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom