What IS NOT a Respectable Weapon and Why?

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I see so many complaints about different weapons. I have made plenty myself. Tri-Slosher, Octobrush, Aerospray, Luna Blaster Neo in Splatoon 1.

So, what weapon or weapons do you find unrespectable and just why is that? Please be more specific than calling it OP. Why is it OP?

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Since I am more the Splattershot Pro / Dual Squelcher / Slosher (NOT TRIslosher) / RapidBlaster user, I'd say Rapid Blaster for its enormous range. Even If I use it for myself.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
In my opinion, none? There are counters to every weapon. It's just that the weapons in the current meta have a hard time with some of them. That's a sign that the meta is going to change, though. If counters exist but nobody's using those counters, it's almost always a question of when people will pick up the counters rather than if.

I guess the tri-slosher is the closest thing to unrespectable, and I'll still complain about that weapon until the end of time, but it's not like there aren't weapons that take down a tri easily. As always in this world, the way we deal with the tri-slosher is more akin to a self-fulfilling prophecy than an inevitability. We complain about it but never take the steps to pick up one of the many long range weapons that can take a tri down in a second.

Stanley

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3800-7836-5404
Just tri slosher really because...

1. Burst Cancel Combo
2. 2 hit KO consistently
3. Doesn't require perfect aim (since the slosher goes in 3 directions and does 62 dmg regardless)
4. Has deceptive aim, the painting range doesn't match the maximium range.
5. Kills too fast at max range.
6. Similar/better range than the ttek.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
In my opinion, none? There are counters to every weapon. It's just that the weapons in the current meta have a hard time with some of them. That's a sign that the meta is going to change, though. If counters exist but nobody's using those counters, it's almost always a question of when people will pick up the counters rather than if.

I guess the tri-slosher is the closest thing to unrespectable, and I'll still complain about that weapon until the end of time, but it's not like there aren't weapons that take down a tri easily. As always in this world, the way we deal with the tri-slosher is more akin to a self-fulfilling prophecy than an inevitability. We complain about it but never take the steps to pick up one of the many long range weapons that can take a tri down in a second.
Most Long-ranged weapons are meant for support. I guess many people playing with more aggressive weapons don't use longe-ranged weapons because they don't check that they need to play more support then. I can't really know why since I am always trying to be support and try to take out other opponents from far away while painting the splatzone, riding / following the tower or try to support the rainmaker. By throwing point sensors and inkstorms or launching tenta-missiles. And I am acting aggressively but I'm never the first one to push the other team away. My teammate can push forward and I come later and support them holding the push.

I actually can't play that aggressively as most inklings do and I can't play with a Splattershot / Tenatek Splattfershot

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
It's not that I think the Tri-Slosher is too powerful it's just that I think it needs a nerf the size of the Great Zapfish. It doesn't require any real aim, it's a one shot splat at point blank range and it has Ink Armor AND Suction Bombs. It's like the ******* child of every bad, hated, or otherwise awful thing in terms of weaponry. It doesn't really even look very Fresh either. At least the Hero Slosher Replica and the regular Slosher have a wider range of colors and cool mechanical like parts to make it look stylish. The Sloshing Machine gives its sloshes a big Sharknado flair to it like a Sloshnado! The Tri-Slosher looks like those silly little plastic beach buckets you buy at the dollar store. It's just green plastic. That's it. It's no wonder everyone is so fed up with it, those things were meant for throwing salt water around and that's EXACTLY WHAT IT DOES. THROW. SALT.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
If you're asking what weapon I hate the most, it would be the Luna Blaster. It's just not fun to play against.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
None. Why would I hate a player for using a good weapon, or hate a weapon for being good? I guess I could blame the devs, but I don't claim to have any more knowledge of game balance than them.
Yeah, really. And even if a weapon wasn't "respectable", it wouldn't stop the people inclined to use it. If someone's focused on winning they aren't gonna care what people think of their loadout.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
If you're asking what weapon I hate the most, it would be the Luna Blaster. It's just not fun to play against.
That's sort of what I mean. I've seen people complain about a variety of weapons. Tri-Slosher since its release seems to draw the most ire. Before that Aerospray was put down often by a lot of people, though I never understood why. So many things outrange them. Dualies actually have slightly more range and put out about as much ink with the addition of burst bombs.

Personally, I think the changes to rollers went too far. You can spend time chasing a roller and never catch them they move so fast and now they are a serious long range threat.

It seems Tteks are the standard by which everything else is measured. Personally, I prefer the regular Splattershot over the Ttek for the burst bomb combo.

And, since I mostly play random games, like 95% of the time, it's not like team weapon composition is something I can consider. Played a game with 3 sniper chargers on Muscleforge Fitness and those three things spread out just past the far side railing dominated a game. Also played a game today with three different rollers on Starfish Mainstage and got obliterated.

So, mostly the spirit of the thread was to find out what other people's experiences are. Which weapons do you hate to play against and why? So often the answer for me varies based upon what weapon I am using at the time.

I've seen Aerospray players held to sub-500 games when a team pushes them back hard. I've seen Dual Squelchers laugh at Tri-Sloshers, picking them off at range. I also played one game where a Dynamo Roller stood on top of the platform in the middle of Inkblot Art Academy and be more effective than any Sniper I have ever seen up there.

I was just curious.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I don't find any weapon not respectable tbh.
I think the tri is OP and can get possibly get salty if i happen to use a short range weapon like the gal, but calling someone disrespectful if he/she is using it is a stretch.
(that reputation goes to squidbagging.)
The only thing i dislike is if the meta starts to heavily prefer a weapon and don't use anything else so their play styles never really have a chance to shine.
I'm not saying meta is not to be ignored, but think splatoon is balanced enough so no weapon is like 200% better then others, just pick a weapon that fits with your play style.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I'm seeing a lot tri slosher, and I would agree, but only if I didnt understand why it was so strong in the first place.

The slosher class is generally decent against shooter weapons mostly because they can operate pretty well in s close quarters environment. There is also the fact that currently our weapons roster is pretty small in comparison to what we will get (i've seen all the weapons).

right now, at this moment, there are: 15 shooters, 5 blasters, 5 rollers, 2 brushes, 8 chargers, 3 buckets, 2 splatlings, 4 dualies, and a brella.

that's 45 weapons, dualies are like the younger brothers to the shooters so they also count as well. The roller class received quite a nerf considering some of their lack of kill range and utility on the dynamo and carbon's side. Take all of that into consideration and you have a weapon class that can easily tackle 24/45 weapons. That's about %53 percent of the whole roster that the sloshers do well against.

Now something very interesting to note is that the tri slosher barely received any changes to it besides the side hitbox gaining the same damage as the middle hitbox, it's technically still the same weapon besides that. In splatoon 1 it didnt really receive and huge changes in fact besides a special charge rate nerf. So taking this into consideration shouldnt the tri slosher have been up with all the top tier weapons as it is? no, not at all. The tri slosher was a bubbler weapon but as a bubbler weapon it was severely outclased by it's fellow bubbler weapon the zink mini which had the exact same kit, but the only difference here is that the zimi could gain bubbler much faster, therefore it wasnt necessary to use the tri slosher.

Because of the current roster we dont have enough weapons to deal with the slosher class, but there is a chance for it to still be completely overshadowed by other weapons. Tri slosher has always been good, mind you. But it wasn't necessary to use in the face of other bubbler weapons that could easily do it's job better.

Think of it like this, there are more prey than there are predators. Unless another predator comes in to balance out the natural order than tri will be at the top of the food chain. It's not that it needs to be nerfed, it just needs to be replaced. I know I shouldnt be doing this, but I'm making a safe bet that the new hydra and custom dualies squelcher will do just that, all it takes is an armor weapon to kill off a weaker armor weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom