• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is the best gear combo for the Splattershot Jr.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
So I kind of main that weapon over the aerospray now.
I have been trying to focus on special duration up, but what would be the best thing to focus on!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!

KL-Pandabot

Inkling
NNID
KL-Pandabot
When I Use The Jr., I Mostly Use Ink Saver, Damage Up, Or Run Speed(The Jr. Is Pretty Lacking In The Mobility Department In My Opinion)...I Got This Info From ThatSrb2DUDE, But Also From Personal Experience! Sorry If This Doesn't help LOL XD

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Don't worry, you picked the right forum.

All the special abilities are valuable for the Jr, so any combination of duration/charge/saver will be handy. Swim speed's always handy for short-range weapons that need to flank and ambush. It's got the largest ink tank in the game, so ink saver main isn't needed, and saver sub/ink recovery are only handy if you're really aggressive with the splat bombs.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Don't worry, you picked the right forum.

All the special abilities are valuable for the Jr, so any combination of duration/charge/saver will be handy. Swim speed's always handy for short-range weapons that need to flank and ambush. It's got the largest ink tank in the game, so ink saver main isn't needed, and saver sub/ink recovery are only handy if you're really aggressive with the splat bombs.
Thank you so much!

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
seeing as I practicality only play the Jr. and brushes now (I really need to update my signature) I think I have a good idea of what abilitys go well with the weapon. The main things I think is important would be mobility and things to help you with bubbler (duration up, charge up and special saver), cold blooded can be nice if you know someone is going to be running echo, but its not really necessary and in solo q I find it better to go without as half the time you'll just end up with a wasted slot. This is my gear
:head_met002::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
hero armor replica :ability_specialcharge:|:ability_specialduration::ability_bombrange::ability_specialduration: or :clothes_vest002::ability_coldblooded:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:shoes_lts002::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
but really you should just use whatever gear you feel comfortable using, the jr can really make any kind of set work if you know what your doing, so ultimately its just up to personal preference. Hope this helps

Amaya

Inkling
NNID
SonicPro
I'm no Jr. main, but I personally think a Bubbler support set really works out for me. I run 2 mains of :ability_specialcharge:, 2 mains of :ability_specialduration:, :ability_tenacity:, and :ability_inkresistance: for slightly better mobility.

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
Starting off, mobility is highly important for the Jr. due to its short range. Swim Speed or Run Speed, and I highly recommend Ink Resistance Up shoes.

Damage up is nice in the event you notice a good portion of players are running Defense Up, but don't invest heavily - shooters can't go under their minimum shots to splat. Two or three secondaries should be well enough for contesting defensive builds.

All the Special Up abilities are great for the Jr. as Bubbler is extremely potent. Invulnerability can turn games around easy.

Of course, experiment with what else feels good. You may like just max movement with one damage up sub. If you're comfortable with it, then roll with it; you'll do best with something you're comfortable with as opposed to a "cookie cutter" build.

Also, I don't mean use a roller when I say "roll with it".

Ranchodude

Inkling
You got a good point probly areospray is the best counting its fire rate and sub plus special but the gear to go with that is something I don't know I will figure it out sooner or later also lets be friends and follow each other kodidro pls and will thumbs up everything we say so chat back the answer pls

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
You got a good point probly areospray is the best counting its fire rate and sub plus special but the gear to go with that is something I don't know I will figure it out sooner or later also lets be friends and follow each other kodidro pls and will thumbs up everything we say so chat back the answer pls
lol I'll friend you, sure

Also, the Aerospray is a bit lackluster in terms of being any kind of competitive weapon. It can do great in the right scenarios, but ultimately is outclassed by others. Splattershot Jr is a superior weapon, in my humble opinion, so take that as you will, but in my experience the Jr has gotten me a higher win count than the Aerospray (and I have tried hard at Aerospray).

Ranchodude

Inkling
Look real quick thumbs me up and as my experince I figured out that krak on splat roller is amazing I like your weapon too lol it's ligit special and sub it has good things so does the krak on splat roller so I am still figuring out the gear for the splat roller almost there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom