• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is the best Tentatek Loadout?

Shinobi

Inkling
What is the best Tentatek Loadout? I don't know what main abilities I should be using, and what sub abilities I should try to get.

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
I find that Gas Mask, Dark Urban Vest, and Blue Moto Boots are very good for ranked. A lot of the elite A+ players use that or something very similar.
Oh wow, I use exactly this, just replace the Gas Mask with the Black Arrowbands (same main ability, Tenacity). I really like having Cold-Blooded, I feel so vulnerable when I get marked by the enemy.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Oh wow, I use exactly this, just replace the Gas Mask with the Black Arrowbands (same main ability, Tenacity). I really like having Cold-Blooded, I feel so vulnerable when I get marked by the enemy.
I use the gas mask because it looks cool and I luckily got all 3 of the same subs on it just by leveling it up :p

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Due to tentakek being jack-of-all-trade,there alots of gear that work with it,Special charge up, Tenacity, Ink recovery etc.. Just go with what fell like better for you.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Yeah Tentatek is not gear-dependant. You usually want Ink Resist, but aside form that do what you think is best.

It's worth noting that Run Speed is good because of the Splattershot's excellent walk speed while firing.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
As others have said, there's not really one good set of abilities to use with the Tentatek - it's a versatile weapon, and the gamemode and your preferred playstyle will be the key factors.

I tend to balance abilities around mobility and specials: Like other shooters, the Tentatek allows you to be highly mobile, since you can quickly create and swim through ink pathways, and so you're playing to one of its strengths if you boost your swim speed; likewise, with one of (if not the) highest run-speed while firing, run speed boosts enable you to utilise this to greater effect. Special charge up, special saver, and tenacity are all worthy of a slot (I tend to combine a charge with a saver), since anything which enables you to whip the Zooka out more quickly is a good thing.

If you use suction bombs a lot, ink saver sub is also worth considering, since you'll be less likely to be caught with an empty tank after throwing one.

It's pretty ink-efficient, so I find ink saver main/recovery are inessential, and damage up (single main) is somewhat redundant, since a single main defence up doesn't raise the Tentatek's shots-to-splat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom