• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is the best wepon in the game

9DB

Inkling Cadet
Well, it really depends on who you ask. I'd say the nautilus because I like a really aggressive playstyle. But someone who prefers supportive roles might like the Aerospray.

iVialeko

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5878-9511-9588
I'd say an E-Liter if you're just talking about direct weapon matchups, and not factoring in specials or sub weapons. No other weapon can directly counter it I don't think. Nothing has more range than E-Liter, it one shots, and people have to use their specials to counter it. Backline chargers in general are just so strong. If displacement specials like Booyah Bomb, Crab Tank, or Tenta Missiles weren't as strong as they are and have been, chargers would be close to if not where they were in Splatoon 1, absolutely dominant with little to no counter-play at all. It's just that all of these specials are whats been holding off backline chargers from breaking the game.

Last edited:

iVialeko

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5878-9511-9588
What about another eliter can that counter it?
XD well yeah true, another E-Liter can counter an E-Liter. ^ Literally the only main weapon that counters it is itself. ^ And that really doesn't count when bringing up other weapons that counter.

9DB

Inkling Cadet
Every class has a good weapon (aside from brellas)

For example,

Shooters: Splash, N-Zaps, Tentatek
Rollers: Carbon Roller
Charger: E-liter
Heavy: Hydra, Ballpoint, Nautilus
Blaster: S-Blast, Clash
Brush: Painbrush
Dualies: Tetra, Default
Sloshers: Explosher, Default
Stringers: All work
Splatana: All work

Brellas: None. They all suck.

And this is from my experience playing them. There probably are better ones but these come in handy more often than not.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
vShot was the undisputed king of 5.0. Can't really say yet how much of an impact the Zooka nerf will have, but my gut says that I doubt it's going any lower than top 3 still. Right after that you have Zap which is a staple of nearly every comp, and arguably Ballpoint next.

Charger: E-liter
Heavy: Hydra, Ballpoint, Nautilus
Blaster: S-Blast, Clash
Brush: Painbrush
Sloshers: Explosher, Default
Stringers: All work
Brellas: None. They all suck.
E-Liter is very strong but I would argue Pencil is best right now. It's the only Charger that can paint, and it has Cooler.
Hydra's okay at best, we'll see how the buff plays out but so far it and Mini have been the two weakest Splatlings - not nearly as good as Heavy or Edit.
Range is really the only good Blaster. Even Chara dropped S-Blast, and Clash has consistently been one of the worst weapons in the game.
None of the Brushes are any better than mid-tier at best, and vBrush would be the best of them. Painbrush buff may be something, but I doubt it's enough. Weakest class overall.
Explo has a Zones niche but is very much not in the same tier as vBucket or either Tri. It's really only viable on certain maps, and the LDE nerf hit it pretty hard.
Reef has a niche but both Tri-Stringers are bad.
sBrella and sTent are actually very strong, blessed with perfect kits, and even vTent has a niche since Vac got buffed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom