• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is the preferred platform for content?

What is your preferred platform for splatoon content?

• Twitch

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Youtube

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Twitter

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xaer Blight

Inkster Jr.
New day, new thread! I want to know what platform most people view splatoon content on, and why? If you can answer the poll and then want to elaborate in the replies, that would be cool!

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Youtube is just the easiest way to engage people with content imo. Twitch is nice, but you gotta be really engaging as a person to hold peoples' attention while you just mess around in open or whatever, unless you're the single sickest player on the planet. Structured content has more wide appeal and you can do more with the format, plus it can become a resource people will come back to. Missing streams also sucks and so a lot of twitch vods get dumped on Youtube eventually anyways. Twitter is just hell.

Cptbobdude

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4355-3949-0494
I loved twitch but with the my son being born YouTube is better for me to make content consistently

The Knee

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7739-4186-1690
Youtube just has so much great stuff

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
youtube is better to look back on later! twitch is hard to catch consistently, and twitch vods are, yes, often put on youtube if i want the content. Youtube is better for a video format just in general to me.

Astro Dwarf

Inkling
As a Youtube video editor, my opinions are probably skewed, but I am a fan of youtube as a platform. Long form edited videos allow you to explain things not only with text or voice, but you can use visuals, animations, and hand picked footage. It allows for catering to a wider audience.

That being said, twitch is a community that brings HUGE benefits to the table. Being able to chat in near real time in a small community of people is an experience you will probably never find on youtube. Unfortunately I'm a lurker so youtube wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom