what is your favorite challenge so far?

Pronouns
any pronouns
NNID
carbonatedpixelz
Switch Friend Code
SW-7426-4369-2110
i like the sheldon dress up one. no because the random clothes but the weapons. i like finding out what weapon ill get next, its good practice.

2bdamned

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
i thought that extreme jump battle one today was fun!! i never really get around to playing challenges so i thought it was cool, played w a friend and kept forgetting that i could jump super high tho lol

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
i always liked the random weapons challenges a lot, going into a match with no clue what your strategy will need to be until you see your weapon is so fun. i honestly think i preferred the original random weapons challenge over the dress-up one though, since i liked the strategy you could come up with for trying to think of a build that would work the best with the most weapons, compared to getting handed random amiibo gear where a few sets are just kind of boring to have. unfortunately i missed the most recent re-run of the challenge from the other day, hopefully they keep running challenges similar to it often since i really like them. i've always hoped they would add a challenge that gives fully random kits, since that would be the purest chaos the game could reach
That would probably be hard to implement but random kits would be awesome.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Rainmaker and Randomized Weapon challenges are probably the best ones but I have a soft spot for Too Many Tri-Zookas. It was the first challenge or at least the first one that mattered (pretty sure there was a boring Turf War one before it) and it came at a time where I felt more positive about Splatoon 3. I don't think I've had as much fun with any other challenge since which is ironic because I know how to use Zooka now lol

a hot mess

Inkling Fleet Admiral
painfully and slowly rotting in my bed <3
Pronouns
Any
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
Choosing a favorite challenge is tough when each one brings unique opportunities! Yet, if I had to pick, I'd choose the task of crafting succinct, impactful comments like this one. Balancing brevity and depth in just 65 words challenges me to distill information effectively, ensuring clarity and engagement. It's like solving a puzzle with words, and I find the process both stimulating and rewarding!
*sucks your toes and coems all over the place*
I NEED TOP SURGERY!11

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Not enough people talking about Extreme Jump Battle so here I am to tell you why this is 100% the best challenge we've gotten.

To put it simply, this challenge turns every map into a playground. Other challenges are fun and some are even crazier than this but I don't think any match the fun factor of this one. Going into it completely blind, it was awesome being able to experiment with what all you could do on each of the maps. I think the one the most people were wondering about was whether or not you could jump out of mid into the enemy's side of the map. Most people quickly learned that this didn't work, but the ground IS a little raised near the right side of that wall...and once you try that, you realize you can totally make it up if you start from over there. And then you'd watch a teammate for a second, realize they're in an unusual spot, wonder and then quickly learn exactly how they got there...the whole mode is just littered with that kind of stuff and it was awesome to experience for the first time.

It's not even like it loses its luster once you're past all that. The high jump makes fighting itself work completely differently because of how much slower you move in the air and how many weapons do and don't like jumping during fights. High jumping gives you a decent mixup to make you harder to hit for a split second that becomes especially potent with AoE weapons, although if your opponent sees it coming it's super easy to punish. You can't use it too often because of that but it's nice to throw out every once in a while because of how different its counterplay can be from your other options. There's also the more obvious of being more flank routes but I don't think I need to explain why those are so good for the game. I'm not the biggest fan of Museum but the fact that you can basically teleport to the enemy spawn from mid with that Squid Surge jump is really amazing, just makes how you approach pushing enemy teams completely different.

It speaks volumes to me that Um'ami Ruins was probably one of the absolute worst maps they could've chosen for something like this and yet there's still plenty of things to enjoy there. There are not many, but still a handful of extra attacking options and being able to jump directly onto that platform in mid is really cool too. I like Challenges a lot so don't take this as me putting down any of the others (I always do the Dynamic Duos and Sheldon Samplers when they pop up) but this one just did something for me that none of the others have and it's by far my favorite because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom