what is your favorite sub and special?

arias

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2421-7847-3701
my favorite sub might be fizzy since im way too used to ntri... its really flexible and honestly such a good concept
i also love beakons but SPECIFICALLY when im not the one using them lol😭

as for the special, honestly its really hard to pick.... im too used to cooler and honestly its great, makes me able to rush in and come back instantly and goes perfectly with my playstyle (though i think it needs some nerfs), displacement specials like booyah and tristrike are pretty cool too
points to reefslider for having my favorite special concept yet somehow managing to be the worst in the game......

Loctos

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0079-7397-7401
I really like autobomb, it's a cheap lethal bomb that also gives you information on sharking opponents
Super Chump is really nice for fighting, you get meatshields which the opponents have to destroy before they can hit you, if they don't you can easily combo with the 35/70 hits of the explosion

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
i rly like inkmines. Are they good? No. Is it really funny to be splatted by someone and watch them run right into your inkmine two seconds later and die? Absolutely. Im not sure about specials, im pretty neutral on all of them. I've really liked killer wail lately even though its kinda lame sometimes

underlashes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Burst or fizzy are prob my fav subs. As for specials, I thought wail was so cool back in the s1 days and even though its different now I still have a soft spot for it. My practical answer is tacticooler though lol

Sunflower._.

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6460-5764-2418
My favourite Sub is Burst Bomb and my favourite special is Inkjet

I miss L3D a LOT, why did they give it hammer xd

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
for subs i think i'd go with torpedo and suction bomb. torpedo is really fun, versatile, and a good tool to have for aggressive frontliners looking to displace backliners (kinda like having a mini flank if you position correctly). suction bomb takes a bit more planning, but gives an impressive amount of area denial with how large the hitbox is, and if you've ever splatted someone by arcing a suction bomb into their splash wall/bubbler shield then you've experienced the same reason i love this thing

for specials, this one's pretty easy: tacticooler 🥤 i was in love with the soda special from the moment i saw it in the august 2022 splatoon 3 direct and i'm still loving it now. it's a well-designed support special that rewards good situational awareness and staying close to your team, plus the happy messages of "Refreshing!" always add to the vibes

honorable mentions go to angle shooter for having the funny ricochet hitbox and bubble blower from splatoon 2 (which we may never see again 😔)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom