What "New Age" (unseen) builds are you using?

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Just wondering what kind of crazy new builds everyone is using. I am working on Dynamo right now (I need to expand my support diversity past splatlings), and using (if I had all perfect):

:ability_defenseup: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_defenseup: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_damage: :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

So I maximize the salt that I generate, just kidding, but it is useful for a variety of occasions. I see a lot of Gold Dynamos running stealth jump and quick respawn/jump now, which I just don't like, I want to be the rock of the team not the mercenary.

So yeah, what unknown builds are you guys using?

Last edited:

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover

Well, I wouldn't say this build is "unknown", but it is incredibly rare. I haven't run across anyone in ranked battles that has stacked this obnoxious amount of defense and certainly no Slosher Deco users (the ones I have come across don't stack defense, just .96 Deco users)

buttfield

Full Squid
Don't actually have any of the gear for this, and don't know if it's been done before, but whatever.

Thoughtpolice

The general idea is to use a weapon with the Inkstrike and good terrain coverage, super jump to spawn when the special is ready, and use recon to snipe the enemies.
Damage up boosts the Inkstrike's damage, improving the chances of successfully taking out targets.

It's worked out pretty well with the '89, and might do even better with the .52G.

Aelo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Aelo_NN

Well, I wouldn't say this build is "unknown", but it is incredibly rare. I haven't run across anyone in ranked battles that has stacked this obnoxious amount of defense and certainly no Slosher Deco users (the ones I have come across don't stack defense, just .96 Deco users)
In this case, would a 52 Gal. player equipped with 1 Damage Up Main + 3 Damage Up Subs still kill in 2 hits? Or would it require 2+ Damage Up Mains to mantain the 2 hit kill?
What happens with the 96 Gal?
I'm really curious to see if stacking that much defense is actually worth it.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
In this case, would a 52 Gal. player equipped with 1 Damage Up Main + 3 Damage Up Subs still kill in 2 hits? Or would it require 2+ Damage Up Mains to mantain the 2 hit kill?
What happens with the 96 Gal?
I'm really curious to see if stacking that much defense is actually worth it.
If my understanding of the stacking nature of damage/defence is correct, it begins by cancelling out whatever it can then applying remaining buffs - exactly how those remaining buffs are applied is beyond me, as it doesn't appear to be exclusively additive. In this case you have 2 mains and 9 subs of defence, so after deducting the .52's boosts you'd be left with 1 main and 6 subs, which apparently equates to 89.3% damage taken. Given the .52's base damage of 52, you'd be forcing them to land 3 hits.

The .96 has a base damage of 62, so in order to bring the damage down to a 3-hit, you'd need a damage setup providing you with a 24.2% reduction in damage, which doesn't seem to be possible given the cap of 20%.

buttfield

Full Squid
No amount of defense can guarantee an increase in a weapon's kill count, obviously.
That aside, .52s are the only weapons which use Damage Up as a counter rather than a boost, meaning that you may be able to limit ttk on weaker fixed-damage weapons and variable-damage weapons.
While pretty much every variable-damage weapon is affected by Defense Up (including Blaster splash damage and roller flings), most Shooter weapons* and all three Splatling types can potentially have their kill count reduced, and the Inkstrike and Killer Wail can be survived with greater consistency.

* - With the exception of the .96, SSP, Aerospray, Jet Squelcher, and H-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom