• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What new battle mode do you want to see in Splatoon?

enri 30000

Inkling
NNID
sonic50nic
Not probably the best thread ever but... didn't you ever wanted another battle mode? The actual ones are awesomely good, but I just want to see a mode that isn't established by time, or in which you have to play a bit more carefully, and this comes from one crazy mini-splatling/roller user. Just my opinion, though, but I hope more people shares it.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I'd have liked a nice free for all 5 minute match to see who could get the most splats. You'd earn more or less points depending on how far away you splatted your enemy and how many enemies you'd splat in a specific amount of time. I'd want this mode in ranked and non ranked. Yeah I know this game shouldn't be about splats but I'd still liked to have had a play option in the game.

NNID
KaiAedyn
I'd have liked a nice free for all 5 minute match to see who could get the most splats. You'd earn more or less points depending on how far away you splatted your enemy and how many enemies you'd splat in a specific amount of time. I'd want this mode in ranked and non ranked. Yeah I know this game shouldn't be about splats but I'd still liked to have had a play option in the game.
I'd like to add on of what you said.

This should count towards your real rank, but it shouldn't be in both genres/rotations. It should be in a separate one as some people might not like the game mode.

As for when it's unlocked, that should be around level 20 so when people get there, they might have a head start instead of starting at rock bottom, also known as C-.

NNID
KaiAedyn
Hide and seek, or tag. Something that involves a lot of swimming and hiding.
The thing is, some people might not play by the rules, so... I don't know. It might not happen. After all, that's what private battles are for...

...A bumper brush mini game would be cool, though.

enri 30000

Inkling
NNID
sonic50nic
Yeah, you´re right, something like a frenetic battle for survival. Wait, just got carried on there. As I said, a crazy mini-splatling/roller user. :p

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'd also like a FFA/Death Battle mode that is solely about kills.

And entirely opposed to that, maybe also a mode that isn't about fighting at all, but survival. As in surviving stage mechanics, for example falling platforms or rising water. Instead of killing, sabotage would be the goal, as in trapping opponents in ink to make sure they won't make it out alive. As well as of course teams helping each other with their ink to make sure their allies make it through the obstacles. Splatoon is not a traditional shooter, so why limit it like one? The ink mechanic has so much potential to offer. This is something I would love to see in a Splatoon sequel.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Turf War variant, at the end of which the vertical surfaces inked are tallied up. Of course, that'd be pretty mean to weapons which can't climb walls.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I want a survival mode like Black Ops 2 Zombies, where you fight lots of waves of octolings. It would let you play the game much less competitively and would add a way to relax if you're getting frustrated with PvP.

Attack/Defend might also be fun.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Ooh, here's a dumb suggestion: "Freeze!". Pace of the game too fast for you? In this variant on existing modes, every four seconds, the game starts or stops - that is, four seconds of action, four seconds of nothing but camera movement (but not weapon aiming - camera snaps back to where it was after that time is up) and thinking time (ink doesn't recharge, you'll even stop if you're falling through the air). The 'action' portion of the battle still lasts as long as usual, so a Freeze! Turf War would be 6 minutes in total, etc..

Something for Aerosprays and Inkbrushes to shine: "Mirror Match" - again, a ruleset variant on standard modes. All maps are perfectly symmetrical, so each point on your side can correspond to that same point from the enemy team's perspective. In this mode, inking a point also inks its corresponding opposite point, making turf control (and Ink Resistance) more crucial than ever, as you can slow down and damage the enemy team from the other side of the map, right from the start of the battle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom