• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What new sounds would you like to hear in Splatoon?

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
With the confirmation of at least one new soundtrack being added to online battles, I'm curious to hear what musical genres you guys would like to hear squidified. Anything from squid opera, to squid country (which I think has potential), to squid hip hop. Squid hop? I want to hear your craziest ideas. ;)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Actually, I was wondering if there could be Squidcore Dave Matthews Band style music. At the very least, it'll be amusing to hear songs that even the Inklings wonder what the lyrics are about.

Other ideas:
  • Squidcore grunge akin to Nirvana or Alice in Chains.
  • The Inkling version of the Macarena.
  • Squidcore Visual Kei (maybe).
  • Basically, anything from the 90s would be good to make Squidcore.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
No matter what they do, it will sound interesting. Im so hyped for new Soundtracks

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
squid hip-hop exists in-game already, with the shop music and a one of the random snippets of music you can hear in the plaza has an inkling or two rapping over a minimalist beat.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
squid hip-hop exists in-game already, with the shop music and a one of the random snippets of music you can hear in the plaza has an inkling or two rapping over a minimalist beat.
I meant for online battles only, sorry if I wasn't specific. :oops: But you are correct.

chiptune would be amazing tbh as well as more metal stuff
Chiptunes would be amazing to have. I'm not really a metal person, but more would be pretty cool.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
im just happy with more Squid Squad and Squid Sisters - more bands and artists would make it clustered. 3's a crowd dont'cha know.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
im just happy with more Squid Squad and Squid Sisters - more bands and artists would make it clustered. 3's a crowd dont'cha know.
While I respect your opinion, I believe more from just those two groups would eventually sound same-y. I'm more in the mindset of 'the more diversity the better.' Although here's hoping for more hits from the Squid Squad/Sisters for you to enjoy. :D

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Something Jazzy but remixed in a Pogo or Nakano4 fashion. I just really like the way they use vocals and sound effects as instruments and some of that has been in Splatoon as well, but I just want more of it.

inb4 someone mentions the guy from Jet Set Radio.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
I'd like to hear some crazy squid jazz! Either big band or smaller setups, maybe even with quasi-improvised instrument solos and some fresh scatting

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'd like to hear some crazy squid jazz! Either big band or smaller setups, maybe even with quasi-improvised instrument solos and some fresh scatting
Squid scatting would be amazing!

A funky orchestral track would be cool too.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
chiptune would be amazing tbh as well as more metal stuff
You will be pleased to know that there is at least one chiptune track in the coming update. :) Ign have a 14 minute video where they listen for a little bit to a new track. A very little bit mind you.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
So at the end of the IGN video he mentions there was new music that could have been like blues or something but he wasn't certain. Hope they tackle many different genre styles.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It says the page couldn't be found..
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/04/14-minutes-of-splatoons-big-update-ign-plays Fixed it- sorry about that.

Yep, listened to it. It's really catchy and fun, a perfect mix for battling. Too bad that (as far as I could hear) the new bands don't have their own takes on the song "One Minute Left!", though. That opportunity shouldn't have been so easy to miss!
Ooh- that was one of the songs that people grew the most tired of since it plays every match. Too bad, unless maybe it will randomly match a sing with 1 of 2 'one minute left' themes (if there theoretically was one for the new band.) Even a cover of the original one minute left theme would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom