• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Patch/Update do you want to see to improve competitive Splatoon?

LordNoob

Inkling
NNID
xDatEpicNoob
What do you guys wanna see in Splatoon to further improve the competitive side of the game?

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
I think really the main things are spectator mode, and then the rest is pretty much dependant on the community side of things.

They can add this and that to the game, but competitive games are their communities, and dedication is paramount.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Don't forget LAN support too.

Also, something needs to be done about gear for offline tournaments, unless you expect every single player to lug their own console in and hook it up at the venue.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
Spectator mode, replays (e.g. MKTV), match history

Also external stuff like an English version of splatoon.nintendo.net with more stats and rankings

Power

Inkling Commander
Aside from the obvious, Spectator and Lan stuff.

-Maybe a weakening of the Splash Walls HP. I know they aren't that great of a problem, but it would be nice ; D

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Awesome game, plays great but you asked...
- Posted rankings.
- Posted winners losers in squad battles.
- 4 player multiplayer on one unit like goldeneye or even super smash bros.
- 1v1 or 2v2 queue to play random player matches.
- cyborg player enter when a player has a connection issue.
- few less connection issues (1 an hour currently which is ok)
- add new maps a little faster.
- let players make maps.
- maybe have a recent battle results board in Inkopolos
- allow weapon switch
- change 'boo yah' and 'come on' to 'play offense' and 'play defense'
- maybe some more physics to the shots and bombs, I know it's ink but having bombs knock you backwards or Gatling recoil would be nice.
- choice to have map on TV, some way to select map options without using pad.
- LAN, visitor mode awesome too.
- nice to have an instant replay, even wii sports has that.

Edit:
- free for all, 8 spawn points, 8 colors.or 4 v 4.
- new modes, capture the flag, most splats wins, longer duration of current modes, first to ink 80% (play till done), no spawn matches, or only spawn 3 times etc.
- have some matches where guns are restricted: only rollers, only splatter, only chargers, only certain roller and certain other guns etc.

Edit:
- blended colors, crazy but fun? Two coats to change color? Three? Dark takes more?
- programmable 'boo yah' and 'come on'
- mode with no specials and/or sub
- better evening of teams with turf wars.
- add elements from story mode: in game gooey zip lines; invisible blocks until painted; etc.
- 1 v 3 modes, 1 starts with spawn on tower and has other advantages, due to map or maybe only player that can use rainmaker.
- racing mode?

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Maybe turn that empty cafe into something?
Oooooo maybe the cafe can be the place you go for spectator mode! Chill out, have whatever is relaxing to the inklings, and watch some matches. That'd be interesting to see.

Yeah I think all the ideas on this thread are great and I haven't really seen anything that I disagree with. I also don't have much to add, so yeah.

Toadstoolnews

Inkling
NNID
Toadstoolnews
- change 'boo yah' and 'come on' to 'play offense' and 'play defense'

Edit:
- programmable 'boo yah' and 'come on'
I think it may be better if they added custom phrases for the left and the right rather than changing the 2 that have already been established

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I think we've strayed a bit off topic from the subject of specifically improving competitive play.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Maybe give the L button some use? Some people used to suggest having it as an alternative for activating the Special weapon. Aside of that maybe allow us to customize the color of the reticle; I have a hard time finding a thin, small white circle with all the bright colors in the game (aside of my smaller-than-average tv screen)

Reactions: 1o2

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Aside from spectator mode, I would love to have hitsound volume adjustable along with a setting too see how much damage you dealt.
It must be already in the game right? Weapon practice arena has it.

Efuramu

Inkling
NNID
FireEmblemGamer
How about voice chat?
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the voice chat thing. While it would be great to have voice chat, not everyone speaks English, Japanese, etc. so it would be chaotic to have voice chat. There would probably be a lot of yelling and profanity as well which would turn some people away from this game. For squad battles, just use Skype or similar voice chat programs.

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
I'd like to have more instachats on the d-pad, maybe even customizeable ones like in smash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom