• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What places are doing midnight releases?

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
Are any walmarts, toys r us, or anything else doing any? none of the gamestops by me are. Does anybody know where i can go to a midnight release of splatoon in NE new jersey, near the city? (i dont want to go in the city, i just live near is. Anywhere in northeastern new jersey?) Also, can you preorder from Nintendo world? Could i get it there at midnight? (i know thats in the city byut its an exception)

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I don't think GameStop is doing a midnight release but I may be wrong, and also, isn't Walmart open 24 hours long? Why not just go in before midnight then go up to someone at 12am about Splatoon. I may be wrong on it being Walmart, but I know one store that sells Splatoon is open 24 hours long

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Yep! Nintendo World will be doing a midnight release with some special events

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't go for midnight releases mainly because the concept doesn't exist where I am.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Gamestop won't be doing a midnight launch for Splatoon where I live nor will any other retailers. They only usually do midnight launches for big name Nintendo games like Pokemon and Smash; never have they done a launch for a game that happens to be something new or interesting... color me surprised.

Wario Bros.

Full Squid
NNID
WarioBrose
I don't know if my GameStop will do a midnight launch. If I recall correctly, you have to get enough preorders at one store for said store to consider a midnighter.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I haven't checked on any places on my end despite not going for midnight launches to begin with.

Green inker

Full Squid
NNID
sonimario2000
Yea, can't tell you. I'm wondering if any Gamestops in Cali. will have a midnight release.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Most of them, I believe.

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
I talked to the guy at my local gamestop, and he says there needs to be around 70 preorders for their to be a midnight launch for a game. Not sure what the prerequisites are for other retailers but I thought I'd share. Your best bet is to call or visit your local stores to see what theyre up to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom