• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What really stupid/noob things have you seen, or have done?

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
It always puts a smile on my face, seeing people do stupid things. Or doing something really stupid myself. So share with me!

I was playing Bluefin Depot just now, and as we started, two of us made a beeline for the middle of our area. I jumped and turned into a squid, almost falling through the grates but I realised and turned back into a kid. The person next to me though, fell through the grates as I stood there confused. And I thought "Oh God, they're probably so embarrassed, little do they know I just about did the exact same thing"

Also earlier, I picked up the rainmaker but didn't realise I had it, and so I was swimming off trying to be a ninja but everyone was swarming towards me and killed me. Only after I was dead did I realise I had the rainmaker. Oops.

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
Trying to snipe my own team mate as an E-Litre...

...In my defence they look really small from far away and I thought I kept missing.

It took me noticing the big name over their head for me to realise I was being an idiot, and they knew I was an idiot, as he super jumped over to me just to fire a single inkshot in my face as if to say "tag" then he super jumped away again. I sat there with a massive grin on my face and unfortunately I never saw him again.

This was long ago when I first unlocked the E-Litre, but hey, to be honest I still do a lot of stupid stuff at times, just not on this kind of calibre.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
When i play with the dual squelcher, i tend to walk backwards to create space between me and the opponent if i outrange their weapon. When i was playing on bluefin, i was creating space between me and a tentatek, when i backed up too far and fell in the water. On the same day i was playing on saltspray rig and i was facing a roller. I made the same mistake again of backing up too far and falling backwards to my doom. I facepalmed so hard when i did it the second time on the same day.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I Super-jumped to somebody in Bluefin and ended up landing straight into water.

Also seen? Oh I have a lot of those. Great instances: Kelp Dome Rainmaker, one guy ran straight past the rainmaker tower with the thing in his hand (lost us the match) and one guy actually went back to his base on the opposing team with the thing and blew up the thing.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Oh. Another stupid thing i do a lot in rainmaker on bluefin. I grab the rainmaker and i go right to climb up via the grates. I swim to get to the grates as fast as possible and i jump on it while still in squid and quickly turn into a kid and walk upwards. the mistake i make a lot is that i turn back too late and i end up falling through the grates. I cost my team a few matches with that mistake.

Zolda

Full Squid
Right at the start of a match once on Bluefin I jumped over the grate right at the spawn in squid form and missed, falling straight through in front of everyone on my team. I respawned and made it over successfully this time, only to botch the next jump to the ground level and fall right into the water for the second time in under 30 seconds. Wasn't really my shining moment.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've seen a lot of enemies just casually walk in front of my firing Heavy Splatling thinking they can out-splat one of the fastest splatting weapons in the game. On the other hand, I've had times where I'm shooting point-blank at a Dynamo Roller and all the shots missed like he/she was Neo in the Matrix or something, and I get dunked for it o_O

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I Super-jumped to somebody in Bluefin and ended up landing straight into water
Sorry, that may have been me. I was trying to jump across a gap and though I had enough momentum to make it. I saw the superjump marker just before I jumped and went straight into the abyss. I remember thinking, someone's in for a surprise landing.

Aaryk

Inkling
NNID
Aarykk
If Saltspray is in the rotation, you can bet with 100% certainty that at some point I will just casually slip off that narrow portion of wall next to the sniper perch overlooking the Splat Zone area, falling to my doom. I honestly have no idea how it keeps happening to me so frequently, it's like my inkling just loses her footing and before I know it, I'm plummeting. Hopefully my immediate Booyah spamming once I spawn back in eliminates any ill will on the part of my teammates :p

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Super jumping directly on the tower while in kraken state... and then bouncing off.
Which would've given me the lead.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've been known to swim mantle-first into enemy Seekers from time to time.

That's probably the most boneheaded thing I've ever done though. Most of the time, it's usually my terrible aim resulting in a splatted Flareth after most firefights.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Mfw I was spraying pain with a Splatling when some dude with a roller popped up out of nowhere and smashed my face in.

Reactions: LMG

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
"Of course you can take on that group of three people with your inkbrush! Just mash zr and you will be fine"

-Past Me

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
The first time I ever played Bluefin, I immediately swam forward and fell through the grated ramp in front of spawn. I've had a lot of dumb falling deaths due to not paying attention, but that one took the cake.

As for the dumbest thing I've ever seen, one time in Arowana, I saw a roller run out of his corridor, off the grate to the side and into the water. Then he super jumped to an ally standing at the same spot, ran off and killed himself again. I felt bad for the guy, but I was also laughing my *** off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom