What should the next splatfest be?

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
They had Pokemon Red vs Pokemon Blue, so yeah Mario vs Luigi is a possibility, especially now there's red ink.

I would like to see Pokemon Gold vs Pokemon Silver (because of Red vs Blue in Splat1), also Snow vs Sand, Fizzy Drinks vs Energy Drinks, 2D vs 3D, Off The Hook vs Squid Sisters and Music vs Art
Aside from Gold vs. Silver, perhaps to celebrate the arrival of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Nintendo could also do Solgaleo vs. Lunala.

I'll try to suggest non-game related Splatfests as well.

Summer vs. Winter
Friendship vs. Solitude
Cold Colors vs. Warm Colors
(Note: The former could be represented by light blue while the latter could be represented by yellow-orange.)
Day vs. Night
Earth vs. Space
Those looks promising... I like those ideas and would like to see them to turn into reality.

How about Metroid Vs F-Zero?
I would choose by waifuism (Pearl) because I never played one of them....

25 hz tickrate vs paid 15 hz tickrate
Please not... I mean much people doesn't even know what tick rate is... And who is going with paid 15/16hz tickrate?

Nintendo Vs Sega (lol yea right)
Hmmm... I can imagine a over popularity for Nintendo...

Okay, wanna see a really controversial one?

Pineapple vs. No pineapple on pizza
omg that's a really good idea, people would go crazy!
(Psst, that was a splatfest theme in Europe on the first game, that's the joke)
If we are already planning to steal from EU from Splatoon1 we could also take Northpole vs. Southpole or how about Eating vs. Sleeping?
Speaking of European Splatfests in Splatoon1, I would like to see better splatfest themes in Europe because I am an European.

Maybe I come up with some splatfest themes of mine later.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I don't have any preference for the next one, but I would like to see something like Movies against T.V. Shows

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Please not... I mean much people doesn't even know what tick rate is... And who is going with paid 15/16hz tickrate?
that was the joke. paid 16hz tickrate is so absolutely terrible that nobody should pick it, and yet here we are playing Splatoon 2 which runs at that exact tickrate cos the base game is so damn fun.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
that was the joke. paid 16hz tickrate is so absolutely terrible that nobody should pick it, and yet here we are playing Splatoon 2 which runs at that exact tickrate cos the base game is so damn fun.
I came for the story, the freshness, and the fun.
I don't need no gosh darn tickrate upgrades.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I came for the story, the freshness, and the fun.
I don't need no gosh darn tickrate upgrades.
have you ever had moments where you hit the enemy like 7 times but they never got splatted, or managed to turn around and splat you? How about getting "one shot" by a tentatek? Or getting sniped behind a wall. Or getting killed out of a weapon's effective range?

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
have you ever had moments where you hit the enemy like 7 times but they never got splatted, or managed to turn around and splat you? How about getting "one shot" by a tentatek? Or getting sniped behind a wall. Or getting killed out of a weapon's effective range?
Nope.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I don't have any preference for the next one, but I would like to see something like Movies against T.V. Shows
Well: I don't like Movies and T.V. Shows... So I am most lilely to use waifuism on that one. In that case I think I will land more often on Pearls side (But for now... It is a Pearl 0 - 2 Marina).

I know how much fun that game is, and I know that the Splatoon2 is running in 16Hz, well for now it's not paid at least.

I get on something: A dumb splatfest if you ask me but OK: Waifuism vs. choosing side according to what you like best (I mean that splatfest would most likely go horribly wrong). I found someone in the youtube comments of a Splatoon2 direct reaction video of a german youtuber who said: I may always go with Mariana.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I know how much fun that game is, and I know that the Splatoon2 is running in 16Hz, well for now it's not paid at least.
Yes, for now it isn't paid for. But the current service is not something most people will pay for, so hopefully they upgrade it by then.
I'm sorry but, you're absolutely lying lmao. Not a single person can say they havent had questionable moments like that while playing Splatoon. as someone who's clocked in over 300 hours in the first game and 125+ hours in the second game, i can safely say that it happens.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Yes, for now it isn't paid for. But the current service is not something most people will pay for, so hopefully they upgrade it by then.

I'm sorry but, you're absolutely lying lmao. Not a single person can say they havent had questionable moments like that while playing Splatoon. as someone who's clocked in over 300 hours in the first game and 125+ hours in the second game, i can safely say that it happens.
I have no reason to lie. The most questionable thing that's happened so far has been the occasional rubberbanding effect, but it only lasts about 2 seconds and it doesn't really give an advantage of any kind.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
In fairness, it can be hard to tell in more frantic situations. The most obvious tickrate issues for me have always been with chargers. They have a remarkable tendency to kill me when they miss by a mile, or when they aren't even pointed at me. Or with rollers that run over me but don't splat me until they've already gone past.

Some Splatfests I think could be cool:

Books vs Comics
Fantasy vs Sci-fi (or maybe Magic vs Technology or something similar)
Squid vs Octopus (they already did this in Japan, but it would be cool for them to do it in the West now that we have an Inkling and Octoling as hosts.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
In fairness, it can be hard to tell in more frantic situations. The worst tickrate issues for me have always been with chargers. They have a remarkable tendency to kill me when they miss by a mile, or when they aren't even pointed at me. Or with rollers that run over me but don't splat me until they've already gone past.

Some Splatfests I think could be cool:

Books vs Comics
Fantasy vs Sci-fi (or maybe Magic vs Technology or something similar)
Squid vs Octopus (they already did this in Japan, but it would be cool for them to do it in the West now that we have an Inkling and Octoling as hosts.
Or if they actually let us play as Octolings..... Best. Splatfest. Ever.... Unless they make it so we can only play as them during the Splatfest and never again, because then I would lose what's left of my sanity.

Arky_Lynx

Inkling
NNID
Arceale
Switch Friend Code
SW-7930-4097-5703
1 of every Pokemon? I mean they have literal gods and stuff...

Another Splatfest: Electronic music vs. Rap, have Marina and Pearl show some REAL rivalry there.

the

Inkling Commander
Salmon vs Jellyfish would be interesting. Seeing which of the lesser-represented splatoon species is more popular.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I just want an equal amount of players on each side, the theme is basically irrelevant to me outside of that, ahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom