• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What version of the Wii U did you buy, and why?

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
I got the black special 32Gig because it was the only thing available when I made the impulse buy from GameStop. Can't really say I'm dissapointed, but it was an impulse buy nonetheless.

Came with Super Mario 3D World, but I also bought Smash 4 and a Pikachu amiibo all in the same purchase. I had walked in and bought the Crystal Red 2DS on launch with Omega Ruby and Smash 3DS a month before that, so needless to say these guys loved me.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
dude post stuff like this in the Crispy Calamari. General Discussion refers to discussion about Splatoon itself.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
I originally bought a black 32GB Wii U during its launch week but later had to sell it due to financial reasons... During last December I got a white 8GB Wii U after selling my 3DS XL off and have lived happily ever since.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
dude post stuff like this in the Crispy Calamari. General Discussion refers to discussion about Splatoon itself.
Mate I ennit used a Forum since 2008, a little slack would be appreciated. Can a mod please move this?

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
I got the WInd Waker HD 32GB version. It had the Hylian text all over the gamepad. I got it because I was in the US at the time (the place where I could buy such a thing), so I did.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I got my black wii u at launch lmao with nintendo land... yeah...
I bought it because the game.... and more storage. but I ran out of storage and had to buy a hard drive which I thought was 80 gigs lol but it was 160... so I got double for the price of 80 gig. I'm satisfied!

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Got a black 32GB Wii U in 2012, because Nintendo Land + 32GB and the white thing looked inferior after that.
Still have it today but I have a new black one because my old one had a faulty motherboard according to Nintendo. That was a year ago though.

Polimario

Inkling
NNID
Polimario
Got mine last year for my 18th birthday. It was the 32GB Deluxe one that was bundled with NSMBU + NSLU.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
The one in my household is the Splatoon pack that also included Nintendo Land.
Funny story, my brother had to return it and get a different one because he scratched the code for Splatoon too roughly.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Got the deluxe kit so that I could have more room for my games. The extra features were nice to have as well.

Whelt

Inkling
I got the black 32GB refurbished directly from Nintendo's online store, for $200. I actually wanted the white basic one but the deluxe was all they had.

Turns out even 32GB wasn't enough space and I had to get external storage. I have Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, The Wind Waker HD, and Fatal Frame digital so that's a lot of space taken up.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
I'm genuinely not surprised most people sprung for the 32GB since black hardware seems to sell better than white, but I am a little surprised to hear that so many people digitally download, on a Nintendo console no less, where a lot of people seemingly prefer physical to digital.

That's another story for another thread, which I'll go make now.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm a late Wii U owner so I got the Black 32GB NSMB + Luigi U bundle. What little this system has is great. But I do wish there was a little more games and more space for digital games for that $300. I still greatly enjoyed it regardless.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
didn't buy I got the black wii u on my birthday :oops:

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
I got the Black Wii U last year during Black Friday for $300, got the Super Mario 3D World version with Nintendo Land which I have to play.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I got a refurbished black Wii. They're cheaper and, unlike their new counterparts, all of them are inspected to make sure they're in perfect working order.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was given the 32GB (black) U model bundled with Nintendo Land+Mario 3D World for Christmas 2014, along with Smash 4. I've been playing the hell out of it since, despite only having 6 games for it (though I plan to get more!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom