• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Weapon Do You Wish Had Different Subs and Specials and What are They?

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I'd like my Heavy Splatling with Disruptors. I rarely use the Splash Wall, and when I do I can't do much else
I actually use my splashwalls quite often, perhaps it's our playstyle then. I'm more defensive and I try to hold off the enemies from getting to whatever the objective may be, many times it's what decides the flow of the game. I honestly absolutely LOVE the splash wall in combination with the Heavy Splatling. If I could change its special, I'd go with bubbler or Kraken for obvious reasons. Which is why I'm going to be looking forward to the Custom Hydra (it's a fire hydrant with cannons sticking out of it, who can't love it?), despite having to drop splash wall, you can never go wrong with bubblers.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I actually use my splashwalls quite often, perhaps it's our playstyle then. I'm more defensive and I try to hold off the enemies from getting to whatever the objective may be, many times it's what decides the flow of the game. I honestly absolutely LOVE the splash wall in combination with the Heavy Splatling. If I could change its special, I'd go with bubbler or Kraken for obvious reasons. Which is why I'm going to be looking forward to the Custom Hydra (it's a fire hydrant with cannons sticking out of it, who can't love it?), despite having to drop splash wall, you can never go wrong with bubblers.
Actually I'm a purely defensive player, to the point where if my team is pushing into the enemy's spawn I stay back to paint any holes they left by our base. I just don't like throwing all my ink in one Wall (most of the time I can't even throw it)

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Actually I'm a purely defensive player, to the point where if my team is pushing into the enemy's spawn I stay back to paint any holes they left by our base. I just don't like throwing all my ink in one Wall (most of the time I can't even throw it)
If you're a defensive player, you're definitely not going to prefer Disruptors over walls. Disruptors are the definition of aggression when it comes to subs.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you're a defensive player, you're definitely not going to prefer Disruptors over walls. Disruptors are the definition of aggression when it comes to subs.
Well, they worked for me when I used the Nozzlenose a while back. If the enemy can't really fight well, they aren't going to push until the effect is gone. I also liked the fact that it didn't dry my tank with one toss

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I'm assuming you're talking about unranked then, in which case, I understand where you're coming from, walls aren't the most helpful in Turf Wars. For Splatzones and Rainmaker walls are absolutely amazing (I'm not too fond of tower control). Though, to compensate for the amount of ink Walls take I also have quite a bit of Ink saver sub investment. Ink saver main and ink saver sub are a god send for our weapon of choice. Like I said I feel if it had a better special I feel it'd be a much better weapon all around.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I'm assuming you're talking about unranked then, in which case, I understand where you're coming from, walls aren't the most helpful in Turf Wars. For Splatzones and Rainmaker walls are absolutely amazing (I'm not too fond of tower control). Though, to compensate for the amount of ink Walls take I also have quite a bit of Ink saver sub investment. Ink saver main and ink saver sub are a god send for our weapon of choice. Like I said I feel if it had a better special I feel it'd be a much better weapon all around.
This is basically what i was going to say lol :)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yea, I play Turf Wars since I can't stand Ranked. It feels too stressful

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
"I wish people would stop complaining about the inkbrush being bad even though it's bad".
It's bad in Turf Wars, too, unless you're talking about pub Turf Wars. Turf Wars aren't about inking the whole time. Plus, Turf Wars
don't matter
Besides, I mostly care about ranked and I would like to use the inkbrush. Is there anything wrong with that?
This is the most baby-ish post I've seen on this sit so far. "I don't like turf wars so it doesn't matter!" and "I don't agree with you so I'm going to mock you!" is basically what you said. Actually try responding with WHY you think that way and stop being a prick.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
This is the most baby-ish post I've seen on this sit so far. "I don't like turf wars so it doesn't matter!" and "I don't agree with you so I'm going to mock you!" is basically what you said. Actually try responding with WHY you think that way and stop being a prick.
I don't see how I was being babyish, but okay. And I wasn't mocking anyone, you (indirectly) told me to shut up, so I replied with snarkiness. Besides, I already posted why I think it sucks if you look earlier.
Turf Wars is nonviable in competitive, since only the last 30 seconds matter, and we're in the competitive subforums if you're forgetting, that's why I said Turf Wars don't matter.
It isn't rapid blaster tier bad, thank God, but I still believe having something such as a gal would be more useful. The skill ceiling seems to be pretty high, maybe it's not bad, but I still believe it is bad until proven otherwise. Actually, those sprinklers are like lite versions of splatwalls that deal damage. An inkbrush I know used this pretty efficiently last night. It could just be that I died because of the surprise factor and that it actually isn't a good technique, though.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Turf Wars is nonviable in competitive, since only the last 30 seconds matter, and we're in the competitive subforums if you're forgetting, that's why I said Turf Wars don't matter.
While I don't want to get into the fight, I have to say that with Overtime being a thing the same can be said for Ranked Battles

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
While I don't want to get into the fight, I have to say that with Overtime being a thing the same can be said for Ranked Battles
No it's not, the whole time matters in those modes because you can win at any moment, and it isn't usually about which team gets a quad splat in the last 30 seconds. Pushing the tower/capturing the zones, even if you don't make it the goal, still helps, as the other team has to get a much harder clutch.

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
Seeker rush on every weapon would be my personal dream. Going to make a petition.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I wish the Splattershot had something else than Burst Bomb Rush, feels almost useless to me...
I'd take Inkzooka as it's sister weapon has, or even Echolocator.

Caitnip

Inkling
NNID
Caitnip
I'd like some sort of Shooter type with Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush.

novicepancakes

Inkling
NNID
illset
I'd love a Carbon Roller with the burst bombs and Killer Wail or Echolocator. I'm not a big fan of Inkzooka although people say it's a very good special. The lack of mobility while using it makes it a bad fit for rollers, I think.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
any blaster with burst bombs would be ridiculously overpowered.

And somebody brought up kirby melee and compared it to the rapid blaster, I'd like to take a different look at this. Back in like eaaarllyyy melee marth was really high, and that's because he was really easy to play but had really good options at the same time, however ffw now and fox is top tier, not because he's easy, because he's ridiculously hard but comes with such a reward.

Tentateks and gals are marth, they're good yes, but they're easy and have no growth potential
While the spros, dynamos, eliters, rapid blaster "(if you will) are fox, falco, maybe even peach

also about the normal splat roller.. the suction bombs give it range, yes, but suction bombs are easy to avoid and take too much ink to be helpful to a roller. also killer wail doesn't really help it's survivability.

whereas the ksr has beacons which are a HUGE strategic help and gives the roller something to do when he's not in range to splat foes. The kraken is the biggest asset to the ksr. The roller has it's weaknesses, that can be exploited. but if you have a kraken you can just pull a "I win card" yes you can "sorta" fight it off, but you can also use the kraken to escape or to hold the tower for an extra few seconds (HUGE) or kill the rainmaker, it's even harder to fight off if you have swim speed ups, as that affects the speed of it. It is in no way shape or form a bad special, whoever told you that is just plain wrong, there are so many applications to the kraken it's crazy. The worst special is the inkstrike, it's a glorified suction bomb.

but yeah a rapid blaster with burst bombs would be so OP it wouldn't even be fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom