What Weapons and Gear would you like to see?

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Now I know there's not really much reason to believe we'll be seeing any different kinds of weapons, but if you could add a brand new weapon or piece of gear of your choice, what would it be?

I'd personally like to see some kind of Ink Sword, splashes a straight horizontal line of ink when you swing it, so to paint you keep swinging, but if you want to kill your best bet is to get up close as if the sword hits the enemy when swinging it's an instadeath, whereas the ink splash would take 3-4 hits to kill. There could be different variants like an Ink Katana with a faster swing but less of a splash, and a Ink Greatsword with a bit more reach and larger paint splash but slower swing.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Pressure Pump. When activated, it blasts out a burst of ink in one direction. It's like a short range Charger that doesn't need to be charged. Each shot uses up about 1/6 of the ink.

DingDongMcDork

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DingDong
I'd just love a paint minigun that just has an insane fire rate of fire but low bullet damage and medium range.
It would be good at painting stuff and kinda impractical for killing people and would run out of ink extremely fast, forcing you to fire short bursts.
That or a rocket launcher typed weapon, with projectiles that have a low traveling speed but good range, and kill in 2-3 hits, unlike the Hot Blaster. I think it would actually fit the game pretty well.

Cheezey Bites

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Koske1
An Airbrush!
Like a flamethrower for short range but lots of coverage and high ink use, Basically a mix between rollers and shooters possitives and negatives.

I'd also like a shotgun type weapon, maybe a quick charger that covers a wide area in front, but with short range; rather than the current sniper-rifle like chargers.

Marthmario

Inkling
We honestly need some Nintendo inspired gear for our Inklings. I swear if there's not a single Blooper in this game, it will be a wasted opportunity.

Greeny

Inkling
NNID
SpeedDeoxys
We honestly need some Nintendo inspired gear for our Inklings. I swear if there's not a single Blooper in this game, it will be a wasted opportunity.
Got me thinking of F.L.U.D.D. Would love to see both the Spray and Hover Nozzle.

Last edited:

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
An Ink FLUDD makes so much sense tbh, since it wouldn't even infringe on any wishes they may have to keep the IPs separate, it'd just be a little nod, not a crossover, and gameplay wise it'd be great.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sticky (Ink) Bombs like TF2 Demoman's:

As for gear, Nintendo-inspired ones, but sadly those would all be tied to amiibos :/

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
None, really. I wouldn't want them to put in more weapons honestly. I feel it could endanger the balance of the game, everything seems pretty tight already.

Linkfreak404

Full Squid
NNID
linkfreak404
I would really love to see Samus's Arm Cannon fro Metroid just because I love Metroid so much! lol

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I know that there's a paintbrush-like weapon already, but I would like to see another paintbrush. The one that Bowser Jr. uses in Super Mario Sunshine to be more precise. It would make for a nostalgic crossover weapon.

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
Here's a cool but pretty basic idea, you can pick shirt designs based on your Wii U's library. You own Smash Bros, the Smash Logo, own 3D world, a cat bell logo, tropical freeze, a design that makes it look like you're wearing DK's tie. Probably nothing but would feel rewarding as a little nod of past games you played. Maybe even Virtual Consoles too can give you pixel art shirts.

Hi_C

Full Squid
I'd enjoy seeing a shotgun class. Not sure if there is something like that for the Splattershot, but in case there isn't, it would basically be a larger radius but short range and timed reload similar to a shotgun in real life.

w00se

Inkster Jr.
NNID
w00sey
I'd enjoy seeing a shotgun class. Not sure if there is something like that for the Splattershot, but in case there isn't, it would basically be a larger radius but short range and timed reload similar to a shotgun in real life.
Perhaps for a shotgun style weapon a paint bucket could work. Shorter range than the splattershot but higher damage with a bit of conic spread and high ink consumption and low rof. Might be more suited to a sub weapon but could be cool to just channel your inner Jackson Pollock and splatter your enemies with ink straight from the bucket.

Hi_C

Full Squid
Perhaps for a shotgun style weapon a paint bucket could work. Shorter range than the splattershot but higher damage with a bit of conic spread and high ink consumption and low rof. Might be more suited to a sub weapon but could be cool to just channel your inner Jackson Pollock and splatter your enemies with ink straight from the bucket.
It would be interesting but I don't really see how it would work with the ink canister that is attached to your back. Since most weapons seemed to be linked to it.

w00se

Inkster Jr.
NNID
w00sey
It would be interesting but I don't really see how it would work with the ink canister that is attached to your back. Since most weapons seemed to be linked to it.
The ink canister is more of a hud element than anything. The weapons all have their own tanks without really having any hoses or tubes linked up to the canister on your back but don't really seem to have an issue pulling out of it without actually being connected directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom