• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What would you be willing to pay for more DLC?

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
This thread is simple. Just say how much you would be willing to pay for more DLC to the game.

I would pay:
$.50 for a new weapon
$1 for a new map
$5 for a new gamemodes

Your thoughts?

Murabitoº

Inkling
NNID
bowske.98
I think
$.99 for a new weapon
$2.99-$3.99 for a new map
and $4.99 for a new mode is reasonable.

But I would probably pay like $10 for a new mode.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Well I'd like to in theory, but it'll probably create a community divide and some people will complain about how the weapons are pay2win. As far as stages and game modes go, I don't know how they would work since the maps have to be available to everyone.

I wouldn't necessarily mind paid content, but for the sake of the community I'm pretty sure we can live without them.
Besides, free DLC is one of Splatoon's main selling points. I'd like it to keep setting an example for future games, both in and out of nintendo.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I would pay $60 more for double everything....
I guess that just means Splatoon 2.
Just wait a bit more. I'M NOT EVEN READY

CandiBunni

Inkling
NNID
CandiBunni
If it's something that's purely cosmetic, and priced at no more than maybe $1 or $2 at most, then I might. Making weapons payed DLC is a terrible idea. You shouldn't lock away things that alter gameplay behind a paywall, whether it be weapons, perks, or gear. That kind of content should always be added for free.

They've already said that there won't be paid DLC, but it would be nice of them to listen to the community for a change and give us features and changes that we've been asking for.

• 3 to 4 maps per rotation for both Social and Ranked playlists
  • Voice chat for private lobbies with friends as well as with those in your squad during ranked battles
  • More game modes added to the Social playlist, and possibly the option for players to vote on which mode or map they would like to play. To prevent "vote trolling", you could lock the player to a single vote during this voting period
  • The ability to pick our default ink/hair colour while in Inkopolis
  • Additional game modes such as a "Free For All" version of Turf War, and allowing players to pick their colour in the pre-game lobby before the match begins
  • Allowing players to customise their controls while in the singleplayer hub and during singleplayer levels, as well as during multiplayer matches and the pre-game lobbies

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Technically, any weapons and gear unlocked from the Amiibo missions are paid DLC items, so I don't think paid weapons or gear would be problematic in and of itself. So long as Ninty keeps them on par with what's aready in-game, it would be more cosmetic changes and different subs than anything else. I wouldn't mind cosmetic changes for the player character or extra single player levels. Maybe some bonus missions that do a little more world building or flush out the story some more. Paid Octoling player models couldn't hurt either, but that may be a bit ambitious.

CandiBunni

Inkling
NNID
CandiBunni
Technically, any weapons and gear unlocked from the Amiibo missions are paid DLC items, so I don't think paid weapons or gear would be problematic in and of itself. So long as Ninty keeps them on par with what's aready in-game, it would be more cosmetic changes and different subs than anything else. I wouldn't mind cosmetic changes for the player character or extra single player levels. Maybe some bonus missions that do a little more world building or flush out the story some more. Paid Octoling player models couldn't hurt either, but that may be a bit ambitious.
I don't like that those are payed DLC either. Even if they're balanced in such a way that they don't make the game more P2W, it's something I still can't get behind. It's the same thing with DLC maps. I don't agree with charging users for those either, as it splits the community even more. Thankfully, however, they've not fallen into this awful practise.

There wouldn't really be any good reason for them to make playing as Octolings some kind of payed DLC. The assets are already in the game, so it wouldn't really require them to create something entirely from scratch.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Technically, any weapons and gear unlocked from the Amiibo missions are paid DLC items, so I don't think paid weapons or gear would be problematic in and of itself.
Right, I'm okay with variations of pre-existing weapons like the Hero Replica series and the Octoshot, but anything past that moves into a dangerous territory that I think is healthier for Splatoon's community if it's just avoided entirely.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
There wouldn't really be any good reason for them to make playing as Octolings some kind of payed DLC. The assets are already in the game, so it wouldn't really require them to create something entirely from scratch.
They would have to make male models from scratch (or just use male Inklings as a base and modify it) if they didn't use one of the Octarian models as the male version. They would still have to do headgear rigging and create a Kraken animation skeleton for the Octopus form. Granted, it's not completely "from scratch," but they'd still have a bit of work to do. I could see them slapping a $0.99 - $2 USD price tag on that given the demand for it.

CandiBunni

Inkling
NNID
CandiBunni
They would have to make male models from scratch (or just use male Inklings as a base and modify it) if they didn't use one of the Octarian models as the male version. They would still have to do headgear rigging and create a Kraken animation skeleton for the Octopus form. Granted, it's not completely "from scratch," but they'd still have a bit of work to do. I could see them slapping a $0.99 - $2 USD price tag on that given the demand for it.
All they would really have to do would be to take the female models and tweak them to make them more masculine. As far as the other things, I suppose that might take a little bit of work, so as long as it wasn't anything more than a cosmetic difference, then I suppose I wouldn't mind paying $1 to $2 for the option. No way would I pay something upwards of $5, though.

Succubusty

Inkling
NNID
Succubusty
Agree that you shouldn't make maps or gear paid DLC. I hate the idea of anything even remotely P2W. I could live with paid DLC gear if it was balanced though, like the amiibo gear, or if it was cosmetic.

Speaking of which, I'd love some paid DLC cosmetic changes. I'd pay $5-10 for any/all of these:
Ability to choose default ink color while in Inkopolis
New hairstyles. (PLS GOD)
New (cosmetic-only) pants.
Skins for your character in squid mode.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm a pleb, I'd certainly buy DLC gear if it looked fresh (and was cheap, like the Mii costumes). I could see it being like the amiibo/Cuttlegear/KOG/Famitsu/Squid Girl stuff, where it has a main abillity but no favored sub abilities.

I'd also be willing to buy maps as DLC. If they did, I'd imagine it would be 2-3 at most, each for about $5 give-or-take.

Not too comfortable with weapon DLC. I have a bit of faith in the devs that they wouldn't release anything overpowered (kinda hard to when the .96 Gal exists, haha), but I'm not sure it's worth it when we have so many weapons already.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I would pay for more DLC gear. I lament the choice between looking fresh and wearing the abilities I want. I wouldn't want there to be extra maps and weapons cause that would create differences in the community and I think that would be detrimental.

Ryson

Squid
2$ to choose different pallets for gear or weapons. As in they'd stay that color (Ex. Green Linen Shirt or black instead of blue on E-Liter Scope) Would probably pay more though

(Insert amount here) to trade in those shorts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom