What's been up with Salmon Run recently?

techton

Senior Squid
I haven't won a single game of Salmon Run yet, dropping from Profreshional 300+ down to 80.
It makes absolutely no sense. A couple rotations ago I had a winning streak of... at least 15 from what I remember, and I had a blast, making a few friends even. What's the deal? Bad teammates? Bad stage and weapon combinations? Both? I've got no clue.
It's almost like the game is saying, "Oh, you're winning too many matches and having too much fun. That's bad. Here, have some bullshit for you to deal with."

I'm kind of convinced that matchmaking in this game is a myth that doesn't exist, because that's what it feels like right now.
I need answers, please.
When in doubt, always blame matchmaking. :>

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Matchmaking doesn't account for different Profreshional scores. People with 300 scores and people who just entered Profeshional are matched together.

That said, look at this thread. You don't need to make a new thread every single time you have a grievance with the game.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From your signature:
When I'm salty, I say stupid things. Like, rreeaallly stupid things.
If you feel that way, shouldn't that clue you in on the fact that you don't need to start a new thread hating on things every day?

Other than that, I'm wondering how you got the word bullshit past the censor radar.
EDIT: NVM, I guess you can say ****?
EDIT 2: Wait, you can say it with bull in front of it, but not standalone? But you can't say the three-letter synonym for butt?

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Salmon Run can be really odd. When first returning to the game, I was pleasantly surprised with how much my average randos have improved. Only days later, I find that they haven't really improved much at profresh 400 difficulty. So, back to the old school hazard evaluation system:

The more "obscure" or "difficult" the weapons on the loadout are, the more likely you are to get wipes before reaching wave 3.

This is because the average rando, even when he's pretty good or even at A-S rank in ranked, may only be maining Shooter-type weapons and still not know how to handle most non-shooter weapon classes. It's just a common trend I've been able to observe.
An easy fix would be to join a discord server and look for people to queue with together. I've found that I'm way less likely to lose before wave 3 (if at all) when I'm playing with mah homies my friendos.

Also,
That said, look at this thread. You don't need to make a new thread every single time you have a grievance with the game.
seconding this. This thread could've easily fit into our collective salt mine. Feel free to vent there anytime. People will reply to your questions the same there, as I've found.

techton

Senior Squid
Alright.
Sorry about my recent posts, guys. I'll tone it down and post these kinds of things on the aforementioned salt thread that @Dessgeega pointed out unless I have an actual argument with a suggestion.

I actually never knew about the salt thread. I thought it was some kind of "game" thread, like the "Ban the user above you" kind of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom