What's good abilitys for splatlings

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
To hear it from my Hydra master of a friend, run speed is very useful. In the case of the Hydra you seem to actually move faster hoofing it than swimming. There's also the obvious benefit of better positioning and strafing while letting loose a volley.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Based on my Custom Hydra experience:

-Agreed on run speed, as many as you can manage! My build has one main and 6-7 subs
-Ink recovery/saver - depends on play style, but always useful. IE, i want to be able to drop a sprinkler and get to a full charge on one tank, which necessitates some combo of the 2 savers
-Tenacity - personal fav, pays off in dribs and drabs

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
:ability_runspeed: for movement
:ability_inksaversub: when you like to use your subs often like :splashwall:

For Mini Splatling you could also use :ability_inkresistance: but I don't feel its really needed.

I do like :ability_bombsniffer: since my reaction is a bit slower with normal Splatling

and I think :ability_specialcharge: is also nice since this ability suits long ranged weapons better.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
For my Custom Hydra... I go with a bunch of Run Speed (2 Mains and 6 Subs) and Ink Resistance Up.

For original Hydra... Ink Saver Main/Ink Saver Sub (or Ink Recovery, either work fine, but I personally prefer the Saver abilities) and Run Speed obviousely.

For the Heavy Splatling, it's the same deal as the Hydra, I look for ink efficiency, because Walls use up a lot of ink. With some Run Speed.

And for the Mini Splatlings, it's the same deal. I go with a bunch of Run Speed paired with Ink Resistance Up.
I use some damage up with the Refurbished Mini for the Burst Bombs though...

Long story short, Run Speed, Ink Resistance Up and Ink efficency perks such as Ink Saver Main and Ink Saver Sub are pretty useful for splatlings.

SaltySnowflake

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BLASTTOAD
In my opinion, you need at least 3 main :ability_runspeed: and at least 1 main :ability_defenseup:, :ability_inkresistance: and :ability_inksavermain: are also very good. I also find :ability_damage: useful against defence up users and falloff damage. You could also use :ability_swimspeed: for kraken if using heavy deco, but I only use kraken as a shield and not to attack

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I recommend tenacity on Custom Hydra and Heavy Splatling Deco, not always, but very useful. For Mini and Custom Hydra, I use up to the equivalent of 5 mains of run speed. On all splatlings I use at least 3 mains of run speed.

Main builds:

Heavy Deco:
4 mains run, 2 mains swim
Tenacity, 4 mains run, 1 main swim

Zimi:
5 mains run, ink resist

Custom Hydra:
5 mains run, tenacity
5 mains defense, bomb sniffer

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro
Some builds for Heavy and Zink Mini I can recommend:
Vanilla HS
:ability_runspeed:1 main + 6 subs
:ability_inksavermain: 3 subs (it gives you 5 full charges or wall+2 full charges. You run with splatling a lot so it's better then :ability_inkrecovery: )
:ability_coldblooded: Vanilla HS is great choice for port mackerel. Also, cold blooded is still useful. But you can replace it with one more :ability_runspeed:
:ability_inkresistance: helps a lot. Especially for CQC

HS Deco
TC:
:ability_runspeed:1 main + 6 or 9 subs
:ability_inksavermain: 1 main or 3 subs (1 point sensor + 3 full charges) or :ability_tenacity: (depends on map, kraken isn't that great for maps such as mahi and triggerfish)
:ability_inkresistance:as always
SZ and RM:
:ability_runspeed:1 main + 6 subs
:ability_inksavermain: 3 subs
:ability_inkresistance:
:ability_coldblooded: (or :ability_runspeed:)

Zink MS
:ability_runspeed:1 main + 3 or 6 subs
:ability_tenacity: or/and :ability_specialcharge:or :ability_inkresistance:or :ability_coldblooded:
:ability_inkrecovery:3 subs (more disruptors!)
(I use :ability_runspeed:0+6, :ability_inkresistance:,:ability_coldblooded:, :ability_inkrecovery:0+3, :ability_tenacity: and :ability_runspeed: 1+6 without :ability_tenacity: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom