What's taking so long for a new map?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
It's been five weeks since Hammerhead Bridge came out. Isn't it usually more frequent than this? Considering I started playing this game on September 18th, it means the whole time I've been playing, there has not been even one new map.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Data miners have found that there are new maps coming. They are probably in the balancing/testing phase now.

I'm sure we'll be a new one next month.
I agree with this, and also, have you noticed a few of the realeased maps have something in common?

They have glitches in them. (For example Hammerhead's glitch where you can go outside the map onto the bridge's bars)

Nintendo, I'm assuming, is trying really hard to make sure the unreleased stages have no glitches when they become released.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
The four remaining stages that were found in the code are for the most part, unfinished, as they only have placeholder images and titles. According to Nikki, the Office map is the most finished, and she even posted an office fan from the map on her Twitter.

She also said that "Pivot" had to do with watchtowers and I think rotating platforms, and the Jellies that were leaked were from "Higari". Nothing about "Quarry tho.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Ah, thanks for the information--that sounds pretty likely, if there were a series of glitches or exploits. (That'd be every map from Camp Triggerfish and onwards?)

I had thought that perhaps data-mining efforts caused Nintendo to delay them as punishment or something.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Sooner than you expect is my guess. I bet they're aiming for around November to early December. We'll likely get a new map then, but we need a new update since the files in our current version isn't enough for a new map release.

Dew

Inkling
NNID
ShadowStaraptor
Hmmm. Yeah, but as Noire said I think a new map will probably release around November to early December. But on the topic of an "office" stage...
that seems a bit off in comparison to the rest of the Splatoon maps, since they all have defined places in the Splatoon "world". But then again, I am assuming that the office will be gigantic, since there was a giant fan. If it was to scale with the inklings, then that would make much more sense.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
But on the topic of an "office" stage...
that seems a bit off in comparison to the rest of the Splatoon maps, since they all have defined places in the Splatoon "world".
I'm not sure how a workplace seems unfitting in Splatoon, considering the fact that we've had a warehouse since day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom