• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's the best game mode?

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I like clam blitz a lot but from a conceptual level I like the idea of rainmaker being this mega ultra super weapon that is so powerful it generates its own shield.... Until you actually pick it up and almost every time its a straight downgrade to whatever weapon you WERE using

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
I like clam blitz a lot but from a conceptual level I like the idea of rainmaker being this mega ultra super weapon that is so powerful it generates its own shield.... Until you actually pick it up and almost every time its a straight downgrade to whatever weapon you WERE using
i mean if the rainmaker wasnt an objective and allowed access to your special id argue it's like, the game's most oppressive weapon, especially since it has like no downtime. but then again losing access to your special and being put on a time limit is kinda a pain.

Alphine_Agnitio

Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
i mean if the rainmaker wasnt an objective and allowed access to your special id argue it's like, the game's most oppressive weapon, especially since it has like no downtime. but then again losing access to your special and being put on a time limit is kinda a pain.
I wished that was what happened when we got the rainmaker in turf war challenge but no they literally probably only rewrote 10 lines of code to slightly adjust the rainmakers basic workings and then plopped it into Eeltail

Chipolte

Full Squid
NNID
Chipolte224
RM is broken don't be convinced otherwise
Source: I got rank #1 in S2 X rank with it

Alphine_Agnitio

Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
ngl i forgot abt salmon run since i only play anarchy and salmon run is kinda boring to me
Salmon Run is super fun but also chaotic at high EVP and its a super high grind to get there

i like doing big run/eggstra work as much as I can with friends, might go for 999 one of these days

NecoConeco

Semi-Pro Squid
Rainmaker has some crazy hype moments in overtime. The other modes are just as fun to play, but as a spectator? Rainmaker goes crazy.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Splat Zones is technically fine but with this game's specials it ends up being way too prone to cheese

Rainmaker has a really fun objective and absolutely mandates that one side is winning in order for progress to be made, but to some degree doesn't reward consistency as much as it does having one strong push. Some people might like that but I could go without it. Also opens up new routes to go through on several maps which is really cool

Tower Control is kind of the same as that but less fun objective. Also the objective is cheeseable no matter what the game's specials end up looking like, although tower jumps are fun and it's not like you aren't still earning leads you get, just makes it borderline impossible to come back off of one last push

Clam Blitz also forces a team to truly be ahead in order to score while also rewarding consistency and having even more added routes, but can be pretty stall-heavy on the given maps and superjumping clams leads to some big cheese. It's also waaayyyy too team-focused for a solo setting

I honestly like Rainmaker the most. I know most people hate slower gameplay in general but I don't mind it, so Clam Blitz is really close to being perfect for me when I'm playing with a group.

raltsi

Inkling
clams and rain will always be my favorite ranked modes, clams is just a well executed idea and rainmaker is fun to play : ) everyone saying salmon run is so real tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom