whats the best wepon in the game?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Do you like the custom or the regular jet squelcher more?
I use the regular for turf war and splat zones, and the custom for tower control. For rainmaker I usually want something more potent up close.

Them Best T

Inkling
NNID
thembestt
Please I play L-3 Nozzlehose D, and do very well with it in ranked, I been able to overwhelm both e-liter and .gals with this tool so I feel it is really viable if you know what you are doing

Honestly there are some weapons with easier learning curves, like the gals and tentateks, but if you can master weapons with more difficult learning curves these can benefit even more than the standard, like the e-liter (though I prefer the new squiffer)
But what's your rank? On S I usually beat the nozzlenoses up even with weapons with a low firerate and damage such as the jet squelcher

dbrandts

Inkster Jr.
NNID
brandts-buys
For me, it depends. I use Splattershot Jr. and three run speed up mains during turf war and switch to the Octoshot for ranked matches.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
On S I usually beat the nozzlenoses up even with weapons with a low firerate and damage such as the jet squelcher
The L-3 fires almost as fast as an aerospray when the timing is right, and it has far superior range and accuracy, with more damage too. If they can never beat you, then you know how to deal with them, or they are not very good with it. A player skilled with an L-3 would beat you most times, as it is incredibly deadly when used properly.

This thread is not right, it should be named "What weapon is the easiest for most people to pick up and use well." This has to do with the learning curve of some weapons. The tentatek is a well-balanced weapon most people can use, but the L-3 and especially the H-3 take a lot of practice to use well. Same reason you see so many e-liters and almost no squiffers or bamboozlers, or why you never see the hydra, or the range blaster, or an aerospray at high ranks. These are not easy weapons to use, so very few people use them.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Well, I do see my fair share of hydras up in ranked, but not so many of the others. Anyways, for lowest learning curve, definitely the 96 deco.

Them Best T

Inkling
NNID
thembestt
Well, I do see my fair share of hydras up in ranked, but not so many of the others. Anyways, for lowest learning curve, definitely the 96 deco.
Lol I keep trying to get used to the low firerate of the 96 in turf war and private battles but I just can't use it. For me it's the hardest weapon to get used to.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Lol I keep trying to get used to the low firerate of the 96 in turf war and private battles but I just can't use it. For me it's the hardest weapon to get used to.
Try playing the blasters, then go back to the .96 and you will see that its firing rate isn't that atrocious in comparison. :p

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
It's only easy for overall good players. The slow fire rate means you actually have to aim well. The .52 and tentatek have much better fire rate, so are easier to use.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
I'm just curious, is there any reason to use the mini splatling over the tentetek, and also which weapon is better for people looking for a set with disruptors and bubblers, the zinc mini, or the tri-slosher. I'm only asking because I've heard that the zinc is the most user friendly weapon in the game.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Sploosh is the lowest range, not aero.

Actually, hiding behind a beacon on the tower is good against shooters, but not against chargers who will splat you and the beacon at the same time.

Blasters are very popular on TC, because it's easy to kill people on or behind tower with them. But the good side of blasters can be used in every mode, that's too bad most players only think about the tower.

I would say the H-3 is worse than the L-3, as the L-3 has much more possibilities. Especially the H-3 with Inkzooka isn't great imo, as you can easily compare it to thr Forge Pro, who will be able to do almost everything the H-3 can, but with more flexibility and some other things (like painting a wall).

Well about the main question, you can't really answer. The real question should be "what's the best weapon FOR..." and then:
- for ranked solo?
- for defensive roles?
- for support roles?
- for ER TC role?
- and so many more. You can even talk about each map/mode individually.

So, I basically won't answer. But I believe the game is pretty well-balanced (even if you obviously have some slightly better weapons than others, which is unavoidable).
As somebody who mains the L-3 and got to A rank and above with it, it is far from being the worst weapon in the game and also far from being the hardest weapon to use in the game. It took me a week to learn how to use it properly, and I'm not the fastest learner when it comes to these things. It has lethal speed, accuracy, range, and both variants have good kits. It works well in some situations but not all of them...just like every weapon in the game.

Really, Splatoon is pretty well balanced when it comes to weapons, with a slight tilt towards Chargers given how Damage Up works for them. Stuff that is obviously broken is nerfed fairly in the balance patches.

Though, the EASIEST weapon in the game to use is the Tentatek, which was probably intentional.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I'm just curious, is there any reason to use the mini splatling over the tentetek, and also which weapon is better for people looking for a set with disruptors and bubblers, the zinc mini, or the tri-slosher. I'm only asking because I've heard that the zinc is the most user friendly weapon in the game.
I think the mini splatling has a faster TTK, but it does have better range and fire rate, so it's better at coverage. It also has almost no charge time, so you have almost no drawbacks. Both mini splatlings are very good weapons that I would recommend to anybody willing to use them.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
But what's your rank? On S I usually beat the nozzlenoses up even with weapons with a low firerate and damage such as the jet squelcher
I am S rank as well and yes an experienced squelcher does stand a better chance than a L-3 Nozzlehose D due to it amazing spacing and most other tool can easily splat yo. It just requires that the player plays cautiously and sadly some Nozzlehose players focus so much on pressuring and go in guns blazing that they easily leave themselves vulnerable to attack

Basically a Nozzlehose plays in some ways plays like a smash 4 Roy player, great at pressuring but if not cautious of when you attack you can easily put yourself in a bad position.

s_miyahon

Inkster Jr.
From a person who uses blasters, would you say the custom blaster is better, or the custom ranged blaster?
Custom Range Blaster. It beats Custom Blaster in most situations (if you know how to use it well at least) and has a great sub and special for it. One of the best blasters IMO

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mini Splatling looks better, that is enough reason to use it over the Tentatek to me :p

Personally, I prefer the Zink Mini Splatling over the Tri-Slosher, but this is personal and heavily depends on what kind of weapon and "role" you are good with/on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom