• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's the chance that we'll ever get a "Report" button? Or any punishment system for that matter?

Should there be a report button?

• Total voters

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
As far as I can tell, there's no penalty given to people who disconnect during matches. I know Splatoon isn't exactly the most competitive game on the planet, but shouldn't there be at least a small penalty for if someone frequently disconnects? Like a week ban from ranked play?

Regarding the report button, I just have to wonder what it'll take for Nintendo to allow players to report each other.
I just lost a game of Rainmaker because my teammate spent the whole game standing in front of me to block all my shots and try to push me back to spawn.

He ended the game 0:6.

This is B+.

I just wish there was some way that I could make sure he doesn't ruin more games for myself or other players...

OG String

Inkling
Considering the vast majority of DCs online are simply due to a poor internet connection or crappy servers/hosts, I would say the instant loss of 10 Rank Points is punishment enough. Also considering that the only way to purposefully quit a match gone awry is to turn off your entire system, I highly doubt many people are bothering with that rather than just playing it out. A one week ban would be a massive penalty lol.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Considering the vast majority of DCs online are simply due to a poor internet connection or crappy servers/hosts, I would say the instant loss of 10 Rank Points is punishment enough. Also considering that the only way to purposefully quit a match gone awry is to turn off your entire system, I highly doubt many people are bothering with that rather than just playing it out. A one week ban would be a massive penalty lol.
You could eject your disc then reinsert it. You will automatically d/c and return to the multiplayer lobby.

Pro tips ^

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
A one week ban for a disconnect is a massive, completely unfair, and completely unnecessary punishment. It would be a huge mistake for Nintendo to bring down such a harsh punishment on users who disconnect - especially since the majority of disconnects aren't even the players fault. We cannot help it if Nintendo's servers fail and disconnect us in the middle of the match. Why should we be punished so severely for that? Often times, we cannot help and don't expect our Wii U's to throw us off (especially when our other electronics have a perfect connection). It's not our faults that the Wii U can't find a connection to the Internet and we should be punished like that. Losing 10 to 12 points for a disconnect is punishment enough.

I'm also fairly iffy on a report button with the game. To be completely honest, the younger players is what makes me worry about it. Children will be children. When they are upset, there wouldn't be anything stopping them from falsely reporting someone and getting that person in trouble for nothing. It might create more problems than it would actually fix.

OG String

Inkling
You could eject your disc then reinsert it. You will automatically d/c and return to the multiplayer lobby.

Pro tips ^
Hmmm interesting did not know that... Doesn't matter if you're like me though, and downloaded the game!

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
While having a report button might be going a bit too far for a game where there is no communication and thus no chance of serious harassment or threats, being able to block players that mess around act like jerks would be a nice option.

Granted, what are the chances of you running into a troll player again? The stakes are low enough that it doesn't really matter either way. Just find a new lobby and move on.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
You don't get points and it counts as a loss.

What more can you ask for? They can't discern from who willfully D/Cs and who doesn't, and the same would be true of people making reports. The system they have for it is about as good as it can get. Since you can't really do anything else 'wrong' there's no need for a report button.

SkyBound

Inkster Jr.
As from my experience from dota 2, players tend to report people for nothing when they lose and blame the team for it

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
I've been a 0-6 before lol
I think a ban from the game is a bit drastic but just make sure you exit out and try again.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
"a small penalty" ... "a week ban from ranked"

Small he says. A week is a very long time, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom