whats the weirdest thing you've seen someone do on splats? intentional or not?

beebun

Inkling
NNID
beebun94
i was so confused and was dying of laughter when i finished a turf war game on saltspray rig.

earlier in the game, this guy with a splattershot walked to the edge of the respawn area and just jumped off. i saw him do it another two times during the game, then at the end i saw he had done it TWENTY FOUR TIMES

what about you guys? what have you seen/done that was really strange? ahaha

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
That guy is my hero.
Tbh I seen someone get 8 points before...
Or once I played a 2vs 0 match... lmao

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think the weirdest thing that I've seen Splatoon do is put me in a 1 versus 2 match. The game stalled during the intro screen which usually means that one person has DCed... Apparently 5 people DCed at once this time. :confused: When I saw the screen pop up and I was alone, I thought that I was screwed but then I saw that they only had two people. xD The Japanese guy from the other team came over to my side of the field and we spent the entire match squid partying. ^.^ His team mate did his own thing. :v

But that was the weirdest thing that I saw the game do.

As for my team mates... Earlier, I was placed in a match with 3 E-Liters while I was using the Octobrush. I'm...not sure what the E-Liters were doing. They were just standing in front of the spawn point shooting, repeatedly getting killed by a Killer Wail every few seconds. o_O Oddly enough, I see this stuff a lot with Japanese snipers. While NA and EU players use Inkbrushes to screw around, it seems like the Japanese use snipers to do it. x)

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Okay nah listen just now I was playing I skip/jumped all the way to someone's base in their ink (Moray towers)(I was being weird and hoping someone would play along) and I saw someone shooting the ground for about 20 seconds and so I walked up to them still in their ink..... and jumped around and they stood there..... and 30 SECONDS LATER SPLAT ME... THEY WERE A LEVEL 32!!!!!

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I sort of remember when I was new to the game and saw someone squidbagging for the first time. It was both hilarious and a little frightening.

Also, this is not really relevant, but I don't know where else to post it. In the entire five or so months I've been playing I'm pretty sure I have actually never seen anyone else in a random lobby try to start a squid party (I have tried myself, without much success).

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
i was in a walleye turf lobby for quite some time, and every time, this player would stand for 10-15 seconds, walk to the edge of the map, jump off, and vanish the rest of the match. i stayed in the lobby, but every time it would happen. not sure if they were trying to get on their friends team, but they must not've known how the matchmaking system works. lol. as a result, we kept losing, and we'd keep getting that player. I stayed in just to figure out what was going on.

shiyongyi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jaddasbranch
As a sniper, I'm a common target, by high and low levels alike.
High levels know what they're doing.
Low levels, not so much. I've seen two rollers roll off the stage trying to get to me.
One on saltspray where i was toward the back, on the ramp to the top part. This roller literally made a hard left trying to avoid my shot and fell off the stage.
Second on arowana where I was on left snipe and this roller came out of their alley, and instead of falling into the zone area, made a hard right and fell in the water.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I got seabagged one round by a Dynamo Roller user at Museum. The very next round he disconnected before the match even started again, at Museum. Karma at it's finest. We proceeded to completely destroy their team.

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
I was in Kelp dome playing turf war practicing my charger skills and I spot a roller in the center. He pulls of a wail and aims it straight towards the ground and then seabags....who was he trying to hit???

galacticremix

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1934-6925-3589
There was a time when I did turf, that the lobby was full of level 50s except for one level 4 player. I assumed that person was a kid, cause they didn't seem to know what they were doing. They had ended up on my team and for some reason followed me around the whole match like if I were their body guard, booyahing every time I splatted someone.. it was pretty cute, but so strange! They followed me on miiverse afterwards

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
People messing around with the gyro so that they look like they're cracking their necks before a match.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
One match I had there was this guy on my team who apparently didn't like swimming through his own team's ink. We lost, of course, and it still bugs me that there are people who don't swim as often as they should.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
At the end of some matches I've seen a few people jump off the map before the match ends. Sometimes I do the same thing.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
At the end of some matches I've seen a few people jump off the map before the match ends. Sometimes I do the same thing.
That's not abnormal. Or at least it isn't for me because I do it all the time when I'm near a ledge. I know all the spots you can fall off the map so I can do it wherever I am.

I do it kind of in the same vain as when I drift so my kart goes off track or of the ledge to cross the finish line in a Mario Kart race. Doesn't slow me down and I get to see my character fall off the course after I win.

Ran into someone who for some reason had an inkbrush and just didn't really do anything with it. It was on Bluefin and they were on the enemy team, I had seen them making a path straight for the center and I saw him just running around wall in the middle dodging a teammate somehow. You know, despite going in a completely predictable circle. I just swam up to him and squidbagged and he didn't kill me so I'm sure you could guess how the rest of the match went. There are direct and indirect ways of starting squid parties I guess.

viantastic

Inkster Jr.
For me, it has to be the lag for some squids. Seeing them teleport around randomly is fun to watch (in turf anyways)
I made a video with one guy really jumping around and then getting disconnected.

Silliness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom