What's with the abundance of Quick Respawn lately?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I can't be the only one to notice a surprising amount of Quick Respawn actually being used in sets lately, namely in quick kill weapons like Tentatek and Luna Blaster. I can't tell if it's people trying to force it into the meta, or if they don't fully understand how the ability works, or if they're just doing it to mess with people. I'm just confused because I remember it being deemed unfit for a role like this with how hard it's been nerfed from the first game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I can't be the only one to notice a surprising amount of Quick Respawn actually being used in sets lately, namely in quick kill weapons like Tentatek and Luna Blaster. I can't tell if it's people trying to force it into the meta, or if they don't fully understand how the ability works, or if they're just doing it to mess with people. I'm just confused because I remember it being deemed unfit for a role like this with how hard it's been nerfed from the first game.
Copying the Japanese meta, essentially. It's a strong choice for Zones over there since painters can rush the completely static objective with less consequences. Japanese players have been using it for that purpose and people over here are trying the same without really considering how the Japanese make it work.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Copying the Japanese meta, essentially. It's a strong choice for Zones over there since painters can rush the completely static objective with less consequences. Japanese players have been using it for that purpose and people over here are trying the same without really considering how the Japanese make it work.
Never thought of it that way, though that may just have to do with my distaste for Zones. I actually might consider making a QR set and try it again, see if it improves my opinion of it. Beyond that though, yeah I just don't get how people think it works in any other mode. Clam Blitz is a hard maybe, but for Tower Control and Rainmaker I'm just at a loss with their thought process.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Never thought of it that way, though that may just have to do with my distaste for Zones. I actually might consider making a QR set and try it again, see if it improves my opinion of it. Beyond that though, yeah I just don't get how people think it works in any other mode. Clam Blitz is a hard maybe, but for Tower Control and Rainmaker I'm just at a loss with their thought process.
Yeeeeeeep, you are correct. I can sort of see it as a possibly valid tactic in Zones and I've considered trying it since it might mesh with my aggro support style, but there's no way to make that work in other modes.

Last edited:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I think it's odd that people are starting to use QR again when Swim Speed will essentially do the same thing, but 100% of the game. Similar things to Comeback and Special Saver.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
A big reason why quick respawn is coming back is because it's a nice insurance perk for aggressive weapons. Because if you're playing, like you mentioned before: a tentatek, you can start the match off with a risky, but possibly rewarding play.

This type of play can be used in any mode honestly. Since the qr is here for merely having proper support to your aggression. And why it works on shorter range weapons like the Luna, is because it has to get up close. And a lot of weapons can shut it down before it even thinks about getting into that position. So, qr works like a "what if" scenario were to occur.

I think it's odd that people are starting to use QR again when Swim Speed will essentially do the same thing, but 100% of the game. Similar things to Comeback and Special Saver.
To be fair, swim speed can get back into the fight faster, but quick respawn is being used because you can start inking as soon as you spawn again, and most of the builds with quick respawn usually have swim speed in there anyway. So the player probably didn't want to deal with diminishing return. And since comeback is a head only perk, it's used side by side with it. Special Saver can be used as well, but it doesn't help you get into the fight quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom