• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your camera sensitivity?

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I used default in the GTFs, went down to -3 @ launch. Felt like I couldn't flick my right wrist fast enough while charging so I boosted the sensitivity to +3 which took a solid 4 days to get used to. Then I felt I had the same accuracy issues so I just pushed it to +5, and wouldn't you know it, issue was gone! the +3 to + 5 transition was nothing compared to the -3 to +3.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
+3. Will one day make it to +5. We shall see though.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Went from -3 to Max....releasing the Kraken is an understatment.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
+1 at the moment. Feels comfortable, but chargers are a little tough aiming, so might be boosting up to +5 soon

MasterYoshidino

Inkster Jr.
NNID
masteryoshidino
Switch Friend Code
SW-4197-0965-9397
+5 using motion controls. Pays out from faster reaction. It's twice as fast as -5.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I bumped mine up to +5. Honestly, it makes the whole thing a lot smoother while not making it really any harder to control, so I'm glad I bumped it.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
there are people who use less than +5? been on +5 since day one.

it's probably the reason i am so good at twitch aiming.

Last edited:

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
MAX mostly because of higher-and-alot-better response on the camera stick, the motion controls change is not that big, you can quicklly adapt to it, but the change in response for the camera stick is tremendous! Very useful for quick long turns and, since the motion controls are maxed too, the mid long turns are faster.

Though, I think I should get used to Y positioning for an even better full turn option when looking for threats.

[offtopic]

I use -3 cause it feels easier to snap on to people.
You're my senpai, I subscribed to your youtube channel and followed you twitch so I could get better, I only use the splattershot pro in a hope to get the same results you do (I wish the L-3 Nozzlenose could be a little more relyable, I fell in love with it from the moment I used it, even thought it was very overpowered...) because I think the pro sucks at close quarters, wich has been the majority of fights.-. but I don't know if I should lower my sensitivity to be able to aim as precisely as you do.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's either the default or one above that. Probably why I keep losing lately! Totally not my lack of skill or anything. : p

RahZ

Inkling
NNID
Rauhlz
-1 just felt like a little bit too much so went to -2 never looked back

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Tried max sensitivity for the Dynamo Roller and now I´m never coming back. Suddenly it feels much lighter and I can do stuff I just couldn´t before.

Goya

Inkling
NNID
aclors
Also use -3, but I haven't experimented too much with it.

florence

Full Squid
+5, using the motion controls. i highly recommend it. it seems counterintuitive, but once you get used to it, it's great. it's much easier to get enemies quickly when you only need to make small movements of your controller to turn, and plus, you don't get into the habit of trying to use your joystick to aim left/right like i did at first.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
I believe I use +3.5. I'm gradually increasing it every once in a while, so I'm not sure exactly where I'm at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom