Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Seeker Rush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
So guys out of all the specials in this game, which one is your favorite to use and why? You can say how effective it is, how cool it looks/sounds or anything else about it.

I'll start. My favorite is the Killer Wail. It may not splat enemies all the time and can be avoided easily but just launching that huge sound wave feels so awesome and I love the sound it makes.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Since I pretty much only play Turf War, Inkstrike's the one I find the most useful at harassing the enemy or forcing them to clean up an area away from the front line (and splatting a couple of enemies here and there if I'm lucky). Next on the list would be Killer Wail, followed by Echolocator. My least favorite is the Inkzooka; it just feels cheap to use or get splatted by since there's no real counterplay; either you're hit or they miss (even standing behind walls feels wonky :confused:)

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Kraken. I love it because it's relatively easy to take out at least two people in one Kraken... and it's great as a security blanket to pop when you're in a tight situation. Also I love rainmaker mode, and I like how the Kraken inks a path so well.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Echolocator, it completely destroys the other team's ability to be stealthy, allows you to somewhat easily ambush them and avoid getting flanked, it helps your entire team, it can be used safely anywhere, it refills your ink tank in a pinch, and you can start charging it right after you use it. What's not to like?

Second place has to be suction bomb rush, it just has crazy destructive power and is probably the best special at inking lots of turf.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Suction Bomb Rush is definitely my favorite. Originally, it's why I chose my secondary in the first place because it was the only weapon that had it, and even when the Splash-o-Matic was released with it, I didn't switch to it because I just liked this main weapon better. But regardless, this special just has everything. Great turfing power, great killing power, great close range options, great long range options (Bomb Range Up helps here), and something that can be used either at low height or high height in equal but different effect. The one thing about this special is that the bomb throwing speed is rather slow because the bombs themselves are so powerful and versatile (albeit also taking a little while to explode) and it doesn't last as long as some of the other Bomb Rushes, but hey, that's what Special Duration Up is for!

Last edited:

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
All the bomb rush specials are at the top of my figurative list, but my favorite has to be Suction bomb rush. My main weapon is the Splash-o-matic, and I love using the bomb rush to take control of areas that the teams are fighting for control over in turf war and splat zones. I'll also use it as a final gambit if I'm about to be splatted. 9 times out of 10 whoever splatted me goes down too. And with my Special Saver set, I only loose a sliver of special charge every time I die, so by the time I get back to the fight my special is already charged again.

Jocarifeta

Inkling
NNID
diazproduction
The best one for me (by far) is the echolocator. There's nothing better and useful as to know where is everybody eles from the other team. After that I like a lot the bubbler and the kraken.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
My favorite special would probably be the Bubbler. It's mainly because I can turn losing games around games with my teammates bubbled, or just save people before they get splatted because they played to aggressively (there was even one moment in a rainmaker match where I used the Bubble in front of our rainmaker carrier and managed to absorb all of the hits from two enemy teammates and take them out shortly after, saving the carrier). Of course there's also the whole "panic button" use of the Bubbler, but I prefer using it for team pushes instead to make full use of the special instead of using it just form myself.

A few other specials I like would be Echolocator (because wallhacks is always good), Splat Bomb/Suction Bomb/Burst Bomb Rush (because you can easily gain map control/splats with these specials, and it's just fun throwing bombs everywhere). Kraken (because it's just a solid special, and really helpful in Rainmaker), and Killer Wail (because it pretty locks down an area, and forces the enemy out of position... also it's sounds pretty cool as well).

Switch Friend Code
SW-1979-9179-2672
I love me some Inkstrike. Being able to hit anywhere on the map is just so much fun. I never gets old for me. Killer Wail has a place in my heart, too.

Zolda

Full Squid
Echolocator for sure. Having knowledge of your enemies' exact locations is an extremely powerful ability, especially when facing weapons that are very dependent on stealth such as brushes or the Sploosh. I always love when I have a teammate with echolocator, as I don't use any of the weapons that have it myself.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Echolocator - I for on am terrible at seeing the enemy on the map. I also don't play with the sound on since I am in relatively close quarters so the visual aid helps. It really helps when I have to deal with those pain in the *** rollers who run ninja squid. Or anyone who runs ninja squid for that matter.

Bomb Rush - Easy to zone an enemy out the splat zone and take it.

Roger1954

Inkling
NNID
Roger_Dodger1954
Bubbler.
Countless times where I managed to turn the tides of ranked games like splatzones and tower control, it gives me and my team (if theyre there) a major threshold of the objective. And because i have my special charge up set, it only takes seconds to ink turf having my Bubbler ready to activate when I leave spawn.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Inkzooka because I don't want to use chargers due to situational viability, but it's nice to have a sniper in your pocket when you want it.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Killer Wail cuz it looks cool because you can set some dastardly traps that can wipe an entire team. It takes good chunk of skill to kill more than 2 people with it unlike the Kraken

Cyan Flare

Inkling
I find the Killer Wail and the Inkstrike to be the most useful! The Inkstrike is great for Rainmaker matches, I find (since you can blow up the shield easily, or use it to cause the oppositions to lost the Rainmaker), and the Killer Wail is an all-round great special. I guess I'll go for the Killer Wail. :)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I really prefer inkstrike even if it's easy to cover up, it is a good distraction and sometimes it kills if your clumsy (like me sometimes!)
I would use more guns with bomb rush but honestly i'm pretty bad at aiming the bombs i'm throwing where there are people that'd kick my butt if i'm not paying attention.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Inkstrike. WOOMY click beep beep WHOOSH

Who cares if it isn't always the most tactically viable, it's FUN AS HECK and on Splat Zones it can win games :D

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I really don't know! My most-used weapons have a good mixture, with Bubbler, Kraken, 'zooka, 'strike, Wail, Splat Rush aaand occasionally Echolocator. But perhaps I'd go for Splat Bomb Rush.

I've always loved Splat Bombs, both as opposed to any other bombs and as a focus of a fighting style. There's something about their arc and subsequent roll that really appealed to me right from when I started Octo Valley (the first thing I did on getting Splatoon). I can't aim a reticle to save my life but I somehow have a natural ability to judge the trajectory of a throwable, so that allows me to pull off some fun trick shots and pressure opponents into inconvenient positions using those. Also love throwing them onto the TC Tower.

So Splat Bomb Rush allows me to do three things. I can lead with a pressure shot or three. I can defend the area around me to prevent short-ranged opponents from rushing me (I'll try to move deftly enough to protect myself from longer-ranged enemies). And I can follow up a pressure bomb much more safely than usual, because A) I have infinite ink, rather than just three or four SM shots after a bomb, and B) I don't have to close in the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom