What's your favorite thing about splatoon?

Mango

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Poker_face101
Tell me your favorite thing about Splatoon, whether it's the gameplay, the large amount of customization, the huge amount of detail put into the game, the art-style, the music, whatever! We all love this game so why not give some reasons!

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I feel like we've had this thread before, either way, I don't really have one specific favorite thing. I feel as though every aspect of the gameplay just meshes well together and make it both unique (with almost every individual idea being different from your standard shooter, like being able to go through ink, swim up walls, etc.) and really fun to play. I usually have a ton of fun playing because of that, unless I'm being really frustrated because of having a bad team in ranked battles. :P

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I really like how good swimming in the ink path you create feels.

At least, swimming on the ground. Swimming up walls is...more frustrating.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hmm... there's so much about Splatoon that I like, I don't know if I could single out one thing as my overall favorite.

Wait, I think I've got it. It's the world that Nintendo built for the game. The... how do I explain this... not just the backstory provided by the Sunken Scrolls, but stuff like there being a unique language—not just for the Inklings, but for the Octarians as well. Plus that they fleshed out the little details, like the songs being performed by in-universe bands, and the various clothing companies having their sub ability quirks, etc.

I realize this doesn't make much sense... and it is kinda broad for a single favorite thing...

Haymose

Inkling
NNID
Haymose
Movement. When you get it down it feels so good move through the ink like a boss.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
For me, it's due to how fun the gameplay is. I'd never cared about games that are more multiplayer focused, but Splatoon's an exception because of how ridiculously fun it can be. I also like how charming and unique it is, too.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
Hmm... there's so much about Splatoon that I like, I don't know if I could single out one thing as my overall favorite.

Wait, I think I've got it. It's the world that Nintendo built for the game. The... how do I explain this... not just the backstory provided by the Sunken Scrolls, but stuff like there being a unique language—not just for the Inklings, but for the Octarians as well. Plus that they fleshed out the little details, like the songs being performed by in-universe bands, and the various clothing companies having their sub ability quirks, etc.

I realize this doesn't make much sense... and it is kinda broad for a single favorite thing...
My sister is actually working on an essay talking about the "world-building" in splatoon and how well executed it is. You mention all these, but what first led my sister to notice this is how before splatfest, the theme is announced, then posters are put up (preparing for miiverse posts), then the trucks roll in, and this progressive "construction" towards this huge festival really fleshes it out. Another thing is that the maps are actually functional areas. Camp triggerfish is a legit campsite, flounder heights is confirmed to be a residential apartment, hammerhead bridge is actually a bridge under construction, and port mackerel and walleye warehouse are actual storage and transport areas (Callie and Marie actually used to work at walleye warehouse. They allegedly burned their uniforms after). Kelp dome is a greenhouse and a full, self-sustaining ecosystem. Blackbelly skatepark is, well, a skatepark, and saltspra rig... Not certain about that one. Gonna have to look through more dialouge.

Revolution5268

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Revolution_5268
Squidbagging my squid opponents corpses all day everyday.
I been doing this since the Beta and for some reason I started the trend of splat me (if your lucky that is) and start dancing on my corpse like its a get back revenge. If you see someone doing this you can thank your truly.
(I did not started the squid party trend)

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
Squidbagging my squid opponents corpses all day everyday.
I been doing this since the Beta and for some reason I started the trend of splat me (if your lucky that is) and start dancing on my corpse like its a get back revenge. If you see someone doing this you can thank your truly.
(I did not started the squid party trend)
nah, squidbagging was done in earlier shooters in the form of teabagging. Literally rhe same thing.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
How it's like nothing I've played prior. Totally fresh and new experience for me, offline and online and no voice chat which means I don't have to get yelled at by kids who blame their teammates when it's actually them who suck.

Last edited:

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
One of the things is the Inklings. Aside from the repetitive use of their hairstyles for their respective gender, I love the concept of them: Evolved squids that are humanoid, have pointy ears, fangs, and black masks, and can turn into their less humanoid squid form. :3

Polimario

Inkling
NNID
Polimario
I love how much personality Splatoon oozes. You don't really get that with shooters these days.

SwiftySquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PlatninumGamer
The thing that really impresses me about Splatoon is that Nintendo, a company that has no experience with shooters, can make such a whimsical delight for all of us.

Thanks, Nintendo.

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
Honestly, I just like how Splatoon is just a completely new take on the shooter genre, and I appreciate how different it is; from the customization to the colors and graphics and the creative weapons. I love the game and hope it doesn't die out and the creators keep coming out with new content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom