What's your favourite splatling?

strings

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-7616-8885-7288
hydra splatling my beloved. first weapon I 5-star'd, and my go-to pick whenever I have a bad day and just want to play splatoon.

for stuff I actually use in comp, I love vanilla ballpoint to pieces. I play it like a more supportive backline, which is exactly my playstyle. I was SO sad when it go nerfed this latest patch T_T

Jason4071

Inkling
Even with splatlings I like to play aggressively, so the Nautilus 47 gets my pick! Ever since 6.1.0, I've been trying to take advantage of the Ink Storm's new feature to remain out of the ink as I fire, but because it's the nautilus, I usually end up swimming in ink to reposition anyways lol.

strings

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-7616-8885-7288
Even with splatlings I like to play aggressively, so the Nautilus 47 gets my pick! Ever since 6.1.0, I've been trying to take advantage of the Ink Storm's new feature to remain out of the ink as I fire, but because it's the nautilus, I usually end up swimming in ink to reposition anyways lol.
I love naut too! I don't get play it often (got two naut players already on my team lol), but the mobility and DPS on that thing is so satisfying.

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
vanilla ballpoint my beloved...
good paint output and range all in one package, with inkjet added for good measure!

although i have been having fun with the heavy edit too lately. that fully charged fire rate feels absolutely stupid to wield which makes it all the more fun

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Heavy Splatling! I love to bring it out for Tricolor during fests, especially on maps like MakoMart and Mincemeat. I also have a soft spot for Hydra Splatling, there was a small period of time where I claimed to main it (Thought that only lasted about a month), and Hydra's the weapon that first got me into S+

I also really like Mini Splatling but ONLY in Salmon Run lol, it's not really my thing in ranked or turf, but the good paint and quick charge time makes me really enjoy it when its in a Salmon rotation

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Mine's Vanilla Ballpoint. I can't get used to Nouveau's kit even if I like it in theory. Inkjet is a really weird special for it but the fact that it's as good as it is makes it fine for me. I love how both the short and long range modes feel like they have their own problems even though the weapon is still very strong.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i used to play a lot of splatlings but fell off of them, but vballpoint is the one that i can still pick up today and do really well with. it's really fun when you get good at aiming the long range mode, it's one of the most satisfying weapons in the game to get a splat with when played well

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
ive played all of the splatlings (besides mini) and have vheavy/hydra/vbp 5 starred ^^ heavy is my favorite bc it has a really comfortable range, and can both backline + hold its own in a 1v1. i also really enjoy ballpoint even tho it kinda deals in extremes for me, i either have really good days w/ consistent 20+ kill games or days where i feel like ive forgotten how to play it lol. in terms of 5 starring experience tho i had the most fun with hydra. i 5 starred it during spring break in fresh season 2023, and by the last 100k i was grinding a couple hours a day and felt really consistent w/ kills and positioning. even tho ive basically dropped hydra since then i will never forget how rewarding that was <3

GhostySpook

Inkling
Pronouns
he/it
NNID
springandastorm
nautilus is simply so fun to me. ballpoint's up there too though, even though i'm far worse at it than naut lol.

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
Hedit is definitely my second favorite, but my first isceasily vanilla mini splatling. They have identical mobility stats too which is pretty cool

Pearlin

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4404-7753-2610
I'm a Nautilus Supremacy Propaganda Poster so guess which one I like best

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
Heavy's the one I like using the most, but I feel like I'd really like Ballpoint if I were to try using it more.

Reef

Inkling
NNID
SolarAweTM
Switch Friend Code
SW-2807-9182-6994
both minis are really fun to play for me, i always find myself enjoying the weapon when i decide to play it - maybe it'll be the next thing i grind

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom