What's your main weapon and why?

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I'm more of a flex person so I have a lot of potential canadites, but I adore the Wiper Deco and its kit. Its fallen off a lot for me unfortunately but my first comp weapon pool was Heavy Edit + Wiper Deco which was fun for a brief period

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
Getting a Tri-slosher kit with Fizzy/Tacticooler was literally a dream come true (Especially given that Tacticooler was and still is my favorite special). Just finished getting the 5 star for it half an hour ago!
congrats on the 5-star, fellow ntri and tacticooler enjoyer! 🤟

paks

Inkling
I'm a 5-star sploosh player who fell headlong into the bloblobber life and just 5-starred it last week. Blob is just the perfect mix of mobility, angles, and having the other team absolutely despise you. Never ceases to delight me when I launch some blobs, turn to go do something else, and then get the splat notification like 5 full seconds later. So funny.

kenta_ink

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8341-6131-5056
Sorella Brella and Stamper! I mained Sorella Brella in S2 and adored it. I also played a lot of Krapid in 2. When S3 came out, stamper felt so good to play. I had never instantly meshed with a weapon the way I did with stamper. While now, it's a bit too much of a pure fighting weapon to me, it's still insanely fun. Oh and in S1 I didn't stick to any weapon, I was, like, 11.

Gray1sG0d

Inkling
Pronouns
Any pronouns
Switch Friend Code
SW-1097-8580-7904
Splat roller (or any roller whatsoever tbh) because it is really fun to jumpscare people and stop brushes in their tracks in clam blitz

paks

Inkling
I have been enjoying the splatter shot nova a lot easily my favorite
Ooooooo I've been picking that up for funsies. Like the bloblobber, it's such a weird weapon and I'm drawn to it as a result. Aim variance is horrid but there's so much paint and EVERYONE underestimates your range, that thing just goes so far. Gotta think about how to make it comp viable.

Vicctorree

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8023-4540-1833
IDK but, NOT dualie squelchers
Crappiest gun in the game 🙄🙄🙄🙄

jinx76

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6987-8392-8486
splatana wiper because it looks rlly cool :3

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
I used a lot of weapons, but if I had to choose the ones I'm the most skilled with, probably the inkbrush and explosher.

The speed and mobility of inkbrush, being able to sneak up on people and just whack em' is super fun. It's also made me better at mashing in general. It's stuck with me ever since I picked it up.

The explosher is the only weapon I've recently that I enjoy as much as inkbrush. A backline slosher that can easily poke behind walls and still put up a fight up close is a lot of fun. My main issue with most chargers is lack of paint and not being able to fight well up close, and the explosher doesn't have either of those weaknesses.

ellis :*

Inkling
it depends on the mode.

SZ, TC, and sometimes RM, i main cblaster. is it the best weapon? no. definitely no. but man, in solo q, it is VERY self-sufficient, especially if you're lucky enough to have any weapon that paints well on your comp with you. it's just the weapon i've found the most success with. the one-shot is powerful, the partials are great for combos, sensor is useful for both me and my team, and splashdown is just goofy af and super fun to use.

RM and CB i sort of pick based on what i'm feeling most comfortable with that day or what maps are in rotation. sometimes it's the cblaster, especially if, but lately i've been gravitating toward cjet. i also use neo splash or vshot on occasion.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i've had a lot of different mains for a whole variety of reasons (such as inkbrush bc funny bonk and spla1 vsplash bc funny bomb) but the main reason why i decided to pick up v. jr for spla3 was bc i had heard that it was a good support weapon despite it being The Noob Weapon For Stupid Little Noobs and i wanted to see what i could do with it- turns out that it's also really good at being fairly consistent and WAY MORE MOBILE than i thought it could be (god bless squid rolling)
and well. pretty much all i want from a weapon is Consistency and Mobility so it just clicked for me

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
My main weapon is sloshing machine and I also just love the whole slosher class as a whole
Started with Splatoon 3 around the time it came out and sloshing machine is what helped me get higher up in ranked, I didn't know anything about the competitive scene so I was just playing it for fun and now I'm committed to the weapon even with the nerfs

Coastline

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3538-6274-5019
i one trick bow, mainly because it’s the only thing i feel comfortable with atp

i mainly pick my weapon pool based on what im good with and what i think is fun to play. i started off my competitive journey with ttek since i liked having a bomb and just running and shooting. i picked up splash after bc of burst combos and crab was also satisfying, plus it was crab meta at the time so it was better.

eventually i had an idea of “im gonna master every weapon role” which i have done to an extent but i mainly focus on anchoring now. but since bp was good at the time, i decided to learn bp, i liked the long range mode and jet was fun to use, also zf was there but only in my back pocket.

across this whole time, i had been a fan of bow since i saw it for the first time, and i played it for fun every now and then. i was never any good then, but it was satisfying to use. i started to see players like NBound, Erito, SnipeZ using bow in comp, and i wanted to main it.

i made a team in september of last year, Squid & Co. where i would be playing bp and having the thoughts of maining bow, but at that that time cooler meta was prominent and everyone was realizing how good pencil was and still is. but still, i was playing bp and bow at the same time, but my team eventually made me get on pencil around the end of our lifespan.

ive been a pencil hater since day 1, i didn’t like the five shots thing, i didnt like how you have to hit people twive when almost every other charger is a one shot, i never liked how pencil felt, and still dont really like how it feels. but it was good, so i kinda had to use it, but when my team disbanded, i immediately dropped it and started going bow only.

and it hasn’t been that bad, ive been getting results with bow only, a lot of people have been saying my bow is really good, i feel much better on this weapon than other weapons, and i think that’s what should matter in this meta, playing what you’re comfortable with, even if it’s pencil. and for me, that weapon’s bow, and i will ride or die with it until i quit comp, which wont be anytime soon.

srry i wrote a lot lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom