when a match starts

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
when a match starts and you check out the other teams gun composition what's your top 3 guns you fear to see the most

mine is

1. eliter
2. dynamo
3. luna

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Yep, sounds about right. I'd also throw in Carbon Roller for sure, sometimes .96 Gal Deco but it depends on the rest of the comp.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
1. Dynamo *shakes fist*
2. Splatling of any damn kind

There are a few others I fear but these are the ones that make me very nervous.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
1. Dynamo rollers

2. Splattershot Jrs. and their stupid bubblers

3. Gals

Those are really the only weapons I hate seeing. If there's a map that brings out all the chargers, I'd say chargers simply because EVERYONE uses them, but not everyone is efficient with them. Have teams of 3-4 chargers and it's just really annoying.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Splat chargers/splatterscopes, e-liters, and hydra splatlings. What? I get annoyed by the few guns that ourange me! :P

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
For a while the top threat on my radar was the .96 Gal Deco. That was at a time when I insisted on using shorter-ranged weapons, like the Krak-On Roller and N-ZAP 85, thus I didn't really have a way to deal with the gun's impressive range and firepower. Nor could I ever figure out a way to get past their damn Splash Walls (which I maintain are too perfect a fit for that kind of gun). So inevitably I'd lose just about every match that had one on the enemy team.

Now it is still a threat, if only because they're usually skilled at picking off weakened squiddos from afar. But my new public enemy #1 is the Zink Mini Splatling. The people that can use them are aggravatingly good when it comes to raising hell, and the Bubbler special ensures that even if you can get the jump on them, you still won't be able to do a thing to them. They're a little easier to combat due to their slightly lesser range, but if they land that Disruptor on you... well, you'd better hope you can Super Jump away in time. I don't think it's quite broken, but it's certainly a doozy to fight off.

Also there's the Dynamo Roller, but I agree with the school of thought that says it's only a problem because of lag.

Color

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cubecolor
Seeing a hydra in S+ scares the life out of me, don't mess with a hydra that knows what they're doing.
so probably
1. Hydra (more like hide and run amiright)
2. Range Blaster (these guys get me all the time and idk how it's witchcraft)
3. Any snipers

Garo

Inkling
1. E-litre (all)
2. Splat Charger (all)
3. .96 Gal (Deco)

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
When I see an e liter in any map with perches I always aim for areas they are likely to be before they get there. This can really save some time as it gives chargers a harder time to camp and pick off the incoming team. Moray towers is a particular map I make an effort to do this with splat bombs to delay, at least for a few seconds their time to set up. It doesn't always work; some chargers are a little smarter and go for less predictable perches and ledges, but for the common ones, its a pretty good tactic to pay attention to what the opposing team is carrying and plan your first steps accordingly to give your team the momentum it needs to control the map.

Oh, and to answer the question of this topic:

I look out for E-liters for the above reasons, Dynamos (since its always good to know when they are around), and maybe blasters, but I don't really bother in looking out for those. They're not my favorite opponent, but I can tolerate their existence to a degree.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Depends on weapon. If I'm E-Liter than
1. Other E-Liters
2. Range Blaster
3. Dynamo if I'm off my game or the map is unfavorable.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think the three weapons that I look out for really depends on the mode. Like I'm extra careful of a Dynamo during Splat Zones but not so much during Rainmaker or Tower Control. But eh... I think this would be just a general list...

1. Chargers. E-Liters are often a hit or miss. People are either going to be experts with them or don't know how to use them at all. Splat Chargers are the bigger threat usually because they're much easier to use and less "hit or miss" esque weapons.

2. Hydra Splatlings. I think this is a fairly underrated weapon and people underestimate it haha. I'm a main for it so I know the damage it can cause. :v

3. Gal weapons. 95% of the time.... They're going to be hiding behind their Splash Wall and in general just being a nuisance. They're not that threatening but they're super annoying with the fact they rarely come out from behind their Wall.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Top 3? Let's seeeee. In no particular order:
  • .52s. The long-ranged counterparts are much more bucket-friendly, but I often have no room for manoeuvre if I can't sneak up on these (one hit probably means that I'll get stuck long enough for a second to hit me and take me out without time to trade).
  • E-Litres, I guess. I'm not particularly troubled by them personally, but if the opposing team has more than us, chances of victory are already typically low.
  • Blasters - any kind. With the exception of the Luna if I'm using the Slosher or Machine, they all equal or outdo my range, accounting for their explosion radius. As with Gals, if I'm hit once and then stuck in ink, it's usually already too late to escape with a bucket. I should really try Ink Resistance, thinking about it...

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
  1. Blasters
    • The Blast Radius is coocoo.

2. Gals
    • They are two hit killers.

3. Rollers
    • They are very agressive, especially the carbon rollers (thank you burst bombs).

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I think the three weapons that I look out for really depends on the mode. Like I'm extra careful of a Dynamo during Splat Zones but not so much during Rainmaker or Tower Control. But eh... I think this would be just a general list...

1. Chargers. E-Liters are often a hit or miss. People are either going to be experts with them or don't know how to use them at all. Splat Chargers are the bigger threat usually because they're much easier to use and less "hit or miss" esque weapons.

2. Hydra Splatlings. I think this is a fairly underrated weapon and people underestimate it haha. I'm a main for it so I know the damage it can cause. :v

3. Gal weapons. 95% of the time.... They're going to be hiding behind their Splash Wall and in general just being a nuisance. They're not that threatening but they're super annoying with the fact they rarely come out from behind their Wall.
This post. This post right here is the essence of my existence. I see an E Liter "Can this guy shoot or n--*splatted by E Liter" Crap."

A Hydra? Knowing my luck, they'll be go--*splatted by Hydra"

Oh joy. Splash Walls. Maybe I can take him out before the wa--too late.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
For a while the top threat on my radar was the .96 Gal Deco. That was at a time when I insisted on using shorter-ranged weapons, like the Krak-On Roller and N-ZAP 85, thus I didn't really have a way to deal with the gun's impressive range and firepower. Nor could I ever figure out a way to get past their damn Splash Walls (which I maintain are too perfect a fit for that kind of gun). So inevitably I'd lose just about every match that had one on the enemy team.

Now it is still a threat, if only because they're usually skilled at picking off weakened squiddos from afar. But my new public enemy #1 is the Zink Mini Splatling. The people that can use them are aggravatingly good when it comes to raising hell, and the Bubbler special ensures that even if you can get the jump on them, you still won't be able to do a thing to them. They're a little easier to combat due to their slightly lesser range, but if they land that Disruptor on you... well, you'd better hope you can Super Jump away in time. I don't think it's quite broken, but it's certainly a doozy to fight off.

Also there's the Dynamo Roller, but I agree with the school of thought that says it's only a problem because of lag.
That's my main weapon. Uh...sorry? Maybe it'd be better if I end up on your team.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Depends on the map too, but one I truly fear is the Dynamo. Very rarely do I encounter an enemy player who isn't really good with it. With the wrong weapon, I have no counter for it, which can really suck.

The other two would probably be E liters and blasters. Like Dynamo players, I rarely battle any that don't use the weapon well. Thankfully, E liters on Moray Turf are not the super threats they used to be. And blasters are not as powerful before all the nerfs happened.

I will say, in ranked modes, seeing one or two players with weapons that have bubbler or kraken specials scare me. I've lost a lot of ranked battles due to coordinated specials at the last minute.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm not usually that afraid of them when I see them at the start of the match, but when I find myself in a 1-on-1 situation with a luna blaster or roller, 9 times out of 10 I'm a goner. When I'm against a luna, I'm usually splatted before I even know what's happening. With a roller, I usually get to watch it splat me as I futilely attempt to escape the range of its flick.

I probably should be more afraid of those weapons knowing my track record...

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Ironically enough since I’m a Dynamo main, I fear Dynamos a lot. Gals and chargers can be pretty scary too. I guess it also depends on whether I’m playing in a S/S+ Ranked match or a Turf War match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom