When did you buy the Expansion Pass?

• Total voters

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Quite literally the instant it became available. I knew I wanted to play Side Order as soon as it came out, and even without that, I would've bought it for Inkopolis anyways lol. I owned Splat1 but only played the storymode once before getting rid of it, so I simultaneously remember Inkopolis and somewhat nostalgic for it, but it also felt new to me, so I really like it just on that basis alone

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
I think the first dlc pass is frankly not worth my money so I'm waiting for Side Order to come out so I can buy it separately over buying both it and Wave 1.
Honestly yeah I agree, maybe it's bc splat 1 wasn't my first game but having a new hub area is something I'd expect to see for like, $5, or no greater than $10. I remember thinking "that's it?" when wave 1 was announced - like they didn't bring back any of the minigames from splat 1? Literally it's Just The Hub? Pass lol. - maybe that's one of the other reasons why I keep expecting to see splat 3 dlc included in NSO expansion pass, idk.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i was planning on waiting until side order came out but my girlfriend surprised me with getting it for me for christmas!

i have unfortunately not gotten any value out of having it early since i do not have splatoon 1 nostalgia so the alternate hub is just. worse than the main one to me lol, and i don't like the splatoon 1 color palette as much either, so i've just stuck with the regular theme anyway. but hey it's cool to have!

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Honestly yeah I agree, maybe it's bc splat 1 wasn't my first game but having a new hub area is something I'd expect to see for like, $5, or no greater than $10. I remember thinking "that's it?" when wave 1 was announced - like they didn't bring back any of the minigames from splat 1? Literally it's Just The Hub? Pass lol. - maybe that's one of the other reasons why I keep expecting to see splat 3 dlc included in NSO expansion pass, idk.
Splat 1 was my first game and I have major nostalgia for it, my parents dragged us to Target the day the game released and bought a copy for me + the amiibos.

At the same time, nostalgia isn't enough of a hook to convince me to buy what is essentially a skin + a few extra goodies like a ****ton of cash. I think its pretty scummy tbh I would have liked something like a couple of the story mode levels returning at least.

Jason4071

Inkling
I bought it last summer along with the DLC for Xenoblade 3. And it took 8 months for me to get that return on investment…

Bubbsart

Full Squid
Pronouns
she/they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-0856-6246-8984
Either a bit after it came out for the first wave or when the first side order trailer leaked. I don’t remember 😂

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Right away, hah. I'm so weak for nostalgia that I got borderline misty-eyed just seeing Inkopolis again in the trailer. It's funny because I didn't even spend more than a couple months playing splat1 (and almost exclusively single-player) before I lost the Wii U in a roommate-breakup but it hit me at such a formative point in my life and just meant so much to me.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
I got it right before the Sizzle Season. My thought process was "I can use the clothes that will be added in the new season to get the golden shop badges"... they only added like 6 pieces of gear you could buy.

Jed2406

Inkling
I bought it as soon as it came out, in the middle of one of my A level maths lessons

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I bought about a month later, I figured that I was gonna want to play Side Order when it came out, and I might as well buy it now and get Inkopolis as a neat pre-release bonus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom