When do you NOT run ink resistance?

zugdude47

Inkster Jr.
NNID
zugdude47
I play mostly mid range shooters and the mini splatlings variants and find it hard to turn down the utter efficiency of the ink resistance ability. With it you can max out on subs of ink main, ink recovery and both speed ups.

So outside chargers when does everybody think it's worth it to run different shoe abilities? Especially with mid range shooters like the gals and ttk splattershot.

Last edited:

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
If you can regularly shoot at the ground or don't intend to be in range of the enemies ink, you don't need ink resistance. I've been playing without it for a long time while using TTK and 52 and I almost never feel like I would've done better with it equipped.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
High fire rate weapons that can easily cover turf quickly (usually short range) and long range weapons can go without and won't suffer for it.

Short range weapons tend to die anyways if they're caught in enemy ink while being attacked regardless of ink resistance and if they're not dead then they usually have enough time to cover ground so they can maneuver. (Ex: Sploosh-o-matic)

Long range weapons that can adequately challenge enemies without crossing enemy lines won't find themselves stuck in enemy ink often enough to warrant use. (Ex: Jet Squelcher)

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I run ink resistance with everything but the rapid blaster. Even chargers. Perhaps I've just gotten used to how I move, even in enemy ink, but I get really frustrated at the sudden drop in mobility. I used to drop it for chargers, but they don't ink the ground very well if you need to get out of a tight spot.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
Only when I either expect to be a really campy charger (so want more Damage) or have a good turfing rapid fire shooter so inking an escape path isn't a big deal. I play the Splat Charger more like a Squiffer, so I DO want ink resistance there to stay mobile and maintain my spacing.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
when i play a weapon with a high fire rate or a full charger.

with my squiffer, i run it in ranked but not in TW (since ink is more even and consistent there)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom