When you can't shoot to save your life.

Power

Inkling Commander
To add some context to this topic...
Today was an awful day playing, in terms of my contribution to teams (whether it be in turf war or splatzones) I could not shoot a damn thing, dying in what was usually winnable shootouts, losing key positioning. I felt that I had lost my team a decent number of games. I guess this also falls into a mental defeat as it was frustrating, leading to more reckless and careless mistakes.
One good thing that came out of this was that I realized I shouldn't be so one dimensional as a player. (My weapon was the splattershot pro)

Anyways, I wondered what any of you guys do when(if) your aim is just off when you play.
What other tactics do you use? How do you adapt?

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I've definitely been having those days. The great thing about this game is you can still contribute to your team just by inking things by yourself, without engaging anyone, so if I start feeling frustrated about my play / losing then I'll just take a breather and do some turf wars with a weapon I haven't tried and just run around inking.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
When I can't shoot straight, I use the Krak-On Splat Roller.
There's no need to aim its swing beyond "in their general direction," just need to get a bit close (and from what I've seen from the Dynamo Roller, you don't need to get very close with that either; gonna have to try that sometime). And when you're not splatting enemies with tidal waves, you can just run around and ink a wide path on the ground as you go. It also goes swimmingly with my tendency to overextend into enemy territory; at least I'll put a bunch of ink down (and maybe a Squid Beakon; why isn't that on more weapons?) before I get smacked back to the spawn point.
Also, it feels great to release the Kraken on people who think I'll be an easy splat with a melee weapon. Still not much good against Charger-type weapons, though. Not sure what to do about that.

Beariie

Full Squid
Stop using the charger. And if your using a spray gun and still cant aim. Go see a therapist.

On a serious note, Just focus on spreading ink if you cant aim, when the time comes and you need to kill someone it may happen or may not, wont always be 100% but youl get some practice in to become better at aiming,

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I just take a break and do/play something else.

Reetrider

Inkling
If I start sucking for a few matches I'll head over to single player and beat a level or two or just do some of the amiibo challenges.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Pretty much Roller or Inkbrush would be my ideal change of pace if my aim is that of a Stormtrooper for the day. If I still wanna shoot though, I would just paint turf and zones for the most part.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I know how you feel man. Generally my aim is decent but sometimes I just can't play worth crap. I've recently switched to the Inkbrush and I'm loving it. Just try out every weapon and find what suits you.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
At least when you miss, you help your team. :p

Have you tried changing the sensitivity in the options?

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
Man I have those days a lot too. Usually when I feel that way I switch to inkbrush, though a roller could work too. Recently, I've been trying motion controls a bit more. Aiming seems to be a bit easier with that, but its definitely going to take some getting used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom