Where to send Game-Feedback?

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
A few buds of mine would like to send feedback of the game, directly to Nintendo.
And admittedly, I would like to make use of this as well.

Of course at first I thought "They are Nintendo. They wouldn't listen to common people for feedback."
But at the same time, the new Urchin Underpass and 4x Multiplier in Splatfest, indicate they might do it after all.

So this interests me.
Is there a way to send feedback to Nintendo?

We want to stay constructive, civil and on ground.
So no raging banter or crazy ideas (like the Sims Playstyle some people want).

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I have no idea, but if you think you can get a hold of them, make sure to bring up the mode rotation and lack of regional matchmaking. The game should not be restricting when I can and can't play the mode I want to play, and I shouldn't be dealing with intercontinental ping.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Maybe just make a thread outlining your thoughts here? It wouldn't surprise me if they kept tabs on this place.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Maybe just make a thread outlining your thoughts here? It wouldn't surprise me if they kept tabs on this place.
I am not too sure about that.

Plus, there are various topics I would tackle.
Not good for this form.

Plus, I fear one of them might be "the forbidden Thread".

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I am not too sure about that.

Plus, there are various topics I would tackle.
Not good for this form.

Plus, I fear one of them might be "the forbidden Thread".
Bill Trinen once posted about Squidboards on Miiverse, so NoA is at least aware

EDIT: Actually it was on Twitter

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I see.
But I would like a guarantee that our points to reach their ears, without being swayed by any sort of influence.

Nothing's worse than putting hours of effort into writing something and then having it go to waste, by having people, who think they can judge which opinions are "right" or "wrong", dump over it.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Hope people don`t mind, if I bump this.

Since apparently there is no way to contact Nintendo directly, isn't there some kind of "middleman", that could redirect the feedback to Nintendo?

Miiverse and Squidboards are good and all, but don't guarantee that the message will reach the intended people.
That and it can be easily trivialized by other people. Which is something I would like to avoid, personally.

That, and I think they will only listen to stuff, that has tons and tons of Likes and Replies.
At least as far as Squidboards and Miiverse are concerned.

While other people, that might raise good points on their own, but arent noticed by many people, are left in the dust.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hmm--- I think they hear the vocal majority over just a single groups suggestions, so I don't know what to tell you other than talk openly about it in places where they might see.
If Club Nintendo was still around then you could have filled out those surveys-

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
That is really unfortunate.
Hope Club Nintendo will return in some shape or form.
There needs to be a way to send them feedback.

Well what else could we do...?
Some group or people who could redirect it?

I am running out of ideas... X_X

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
That is really unfortunate.
Hope Club Nintendo will return in some shape or form.
There needs to be a way to send them feedback.

Well what else could we do...?
Some group or people who could redirect it?

I am running out of ideas... X_X
They don't like this, but you could try emailing/mailing them, but remember it is a Japanese based development team so it is likely they won't see it.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
There is no actual way to message them. If you directly email Nintendo with feedback, you are most likely given a useless auto reply such as,
"thanks for your feedback, but we can't really forward this to our development team because reasons".

However, I honestly believe they do read public forums such as this, social media sites like twitter, and other places.
Just because they are silent doesn't mean they're not hearing you. If the fanbase from all over the world want the same thing,
they probably could put it in the game.

Development costs time and money, if a large portion of the fanbase wants it, then
it's worth the extra time and money.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
If you're worried about your ideas being "trivialized" and not getting enough "likes and replies" then are you sure they're good ideas in the first place? I say just post them everywhere, including miiverse. If they don't get noticed then that just means there are other things more worthy of the developers' time. If they generate a lot of (negative) discussion, then they're gaining visibility along with many opinions that the developers can use to make an informed decision.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I dont think you are seeing the point, Locke.
And I surely didn't mean that in the way you described.

i meant it more in the way of "miscommunication". Which happens quite a lot.
You know people misunderstanding things, arguing against things not meant and the thread derailing as a result.

And generally, I would consider a stand-alone message much clearer, than having any other commenters going with it.
Because there will always be those toxic people, that argue no matter what.
And sadly, they can potentially kill topics, that might have a valid point, preventing any more interest in it.
Believe me, I have seen it happening before.

If the thread were to stay on rails the whole time and people are not interested then: Everything`s fine
But if the thread is derailed, either by toxic people or miscommunication, and others only see those twisted/made-up points, instead of the actual point:
That's what I call unfair treatment. Intentionally or not.

I hope I could make you understand the downsides of posting feedback, that is intended for Nintendo, here.
Since it can be blown out of proportion and all go to waste, either by people who don't get it, or ignorant people, that argue against criticism no matter what.
Which is the last thing I want to be happening to our feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom