Which stage and mode just don't blend well together?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I believe that Blackberry Skatepark and Saltspray Rig are not good Rainmaker stages. The path to their goals are too short which means the game can end before you know it.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I think Port Mackerel is generally bad for ranked

Zones are spaced out, but relatively easy to guard so both teams have one zone the most of the game.

Tower moves through a bunch of narrow corridors, making it near impossible to attack it in the middle, and hard to escape from a trap.

Rainmaker shots basically splat anyone inside a corridor, tight passages make it hard to dodge or shoot the shield.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Anything with 2 spaced out zones as all you need to do to win is, take the lead, and constantly gaurd the zone on your side until the time runs out, rince repeat

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I'm the player that'll say that Rainmaker was generally "unprepared"

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I don't mind Blackbelly RM as much as I used to, it is on the small side. It's one issue is if you can completely wipe out the other team while popping the RM it is pretty much auto-game over (which is possible if you can build a special quickly).

The two map/mode combos I think are broken is Moray/SZ and Camp Trig/SZ.

-Moray/SZ: There is not an approachable direction that the Dynamo cannot reach you at in the zone, it's so tiny. Dynamo doesn't even need to be in the zone as they could just stand above it on wall and flick and cover the entire thing. Unless you have an E-liter scope who can get into a good position there is no taking it out (especially silver with echo, no sneaking up on it either) without at least a trade.

-Camp Triggerfish/SZ: I think this greatly favors longer ranged weapons since there is no bridge in the middle. Also if one team does not have a charger to counter E-liter an E-liter (a good one mind you) could literally 1v4 the entire map if they stood above their zone on the wall from there they have shot access to every possible angle to approach zone as well as 2 getaway paths if needed. This isn't a huge problem since competitively there would likely be a charger on the other team which would be a hard counter to it's position on the wall.

Zones are spaced out, but relatively easy to guard so both teams have one zone the most of the game.

Tower moves through a bunch of narrow corridors, making it near impossible to attack it in the middle, and hard to escape from a trap.

Rainmaker shots basically splat anyone inside a corridor, tight passages make it hard to dodge or shoot the shield.
I disagree. Port Mackerel is my 2nd favorite map. I have more of a defensive/aggro flanker playstyle.

-The main issue is people do not know how to move and position themselves in corridors. They move predictably, face-rush, and walk around corners into enemy ink.

-RM, walls are key in defense against RM blast. But the #1 mistake I see is people not willing to be patient and rush into corridor. The RM distance doesn't ramp into dangerous territory until after your mid section between corridors. Let the RM come out of the corridor or hold them in the corridor until they do something reckless (they have a countdown on them so most are eager to progress) or until their team makes a push and you will have map control of your mid so they will be easily dealt with.

-Another RM point is if you think you are an OK distance away from RM, step back because you are not. You will die if you try to flank RM from its spawn and it pops in enemy color.

-TC, the tower moves directly from the middle so trying to attack from the middle, head on isn't ideal and doesn't give you the jump on them, additionally as they are moving directly toward you, they will have momentum and if their weapon has high ttk you will die.

-SZ the one thing that I will give you is that this is the one map/mode combo where it is possible for neither team to get the point (has happened to me twice). However even so, this is sort of rare as while you may not get as many knockouts, only if your team is really even do you have the stalemate situation. As a defensive player I will say sometimes teams (particularly in solo ranked) play too defensively on this map for SZ. You have to make that push. While I could see how this would annoy people it really comes down to who is better in any 1v1 encounter and the ability to win 1v1s and even 2v1s so I feel it showcases skills more.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
I honestly don't think there are many unplayable map+mode combos outside of RM. Maybe Arowana before the patch but its fine now.

_clementine

Inkster Jr.

I just don't really like Port Mackerel in general, even in turf wars. It's too cramped for me. I especially hate it in Rainmaker. You can go around through the other passage, but it's tight and sometimes the other team will be in both passages.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Morray Towers and Splat Zones. Can't do much once a sniper is camped up.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
The Rig and Tower Control
The Rig and Rain Maker
The Rig and Splat Zones
The Rig and Turf War.
The Rig and Recon.

The Rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom