• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who else thinks that singleplayer mode will be fun to speedrun?

Oni

Full Squid
We got a better look at singleplayer and this thread is still dead. how unfortunate.

Honestly it looks interesting still. runners will have to optimize getting eggs to boost damage for bosses while not sacrificing too much speed.

does gear affect sigleplayer mode? because if not this part is pointless
edit looking at footage again it looks like there is a uniform. looks like no gear. at least that is one less issue
spoilered because it pretty much is irrelevant now
with spyke now we know we can pretty much guarantee specific perks like movement speed and damage. The problem is that i doubt we can reset progress so it is either
1. all runs are gearless
2. all runs are with mx stats. basically new game plus for all runs
3. be forced to farm gear for every single time you run.

yeah 3 wont be efficient so its either 1 or 2.
it will be up to the community but looking at this activity im not sure there will be one :p

Oni

Full Squid
yeah i just went back and rewatched the footage. either they have the same gear for every clip or it is a single player uniform.
yay for no gear farming haha

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Anything can be speedrunned. But maybe the developers have built the stage for speedrunning, just like DKTF.

Life

Senior Squid
For those who didn't notice in the direct, there are 27 numbered levels in this game plus two symbols at the start and finish (dunno exactly what they are, first is probably tutorial and last is probably either final boss or credits).

If each level averages four minutes, that gives us a nearly two-hour run, doesn't it? Not shabby at all.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Will be interesting to see the strats speedrunners come up with after they've played through a few times

NNID
superalice256
I really hope it isnt attached to profiles or atleast you can somehow delete them.If it's viable, I am definitely going to be speedrunning the game, optimization looks so fun and even just getting all the tech right. Can not wait to try runs of this!

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I would eventually like to speed run the campaign. Hopefully it can be done in around 3 hours or something like that. Glad that everyone is forced to use the same gear so there is no gear farming.

Ghoul02

Inkling
NNID
Ghoul02
If the run is fun, you can expect to see me working on it as well. Depends on how it shakes out, but no denying that it has potential, as a lot of games do.

Ghoul02

Inkling
NNID
Ghoul02

Michael Goldfish beat me and we also found one more new strat, but this probably isn't that far off what speedrunning is going to look like, only it'll have combat elements as well. Still, for sheer movement, we were doing this a solid hour and a half without getting bored at all, on a one minute bare bones tutorial stage.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
This looks ex

Michael Goldfish beat me and we also found one more new strat, but this probably isn't that far off what speedrunning is going to look like, only it'll have combat elements as well. Still, for sheer movement, we were doing this a solid hour and a half without getting bored at all, on a one minute bare bones tutorial stage.
This looks excellent. Can't wait to see more!

CloneHat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CloneHat
One thing that might cause trouble is the random weapon spread on so many of the loadouts in the game

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
On a slightly related note, why'd SGDQ2015 have to be during the game's release? I'll be too busy playing to watch the Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble run!

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
One thing that might cause trouble is the random weapon spread on so many of the loadouts in the game
There actually is a technique I saw where if you repeatedly press the shooting button it shoots in a straight line, although not as fast. who knows if that will be useful though?

Ghoul02

Inkling
NNID
Ghoul02
On a slightly related note, why'd SGDQ2015 have to be during the game's release? I'll be too busy playing to watch the Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble run!
You've got almost a month post Splatoon release between then. You should be fine. Or just rock both at the same time.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Oh hell, I got the dates confused, I saw the schedule went up last week and thought it was gonna be at the end of this month. Never mind me.

Life

Senior Squid
Throwing a grenade at the Zapfish opens it instantly. Speedrunners take note!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom