• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who else thinks that singleplayer mode will be fun to speedrun?

Wrog

Senior Squid
The Octarian levels you can get by in less than a minute.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Hey remember when we thought skipping entire levels would probably be impossible?

Life

Senior Squid
eyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's so easy to underestimate speedrunning sometimes.

Espyo

Inkling
I've played through level 23 (shrinking sponges) quite a few times to farm for eggs (100+!), and I've gotten quite fast at it. I won't try to speedrun the game, but to see just how complex and quick a single-level speedrun can be, even with a casual run, makes me really hyped for a full-game speedrun!

Espyo

Inkling

Well, that was fast. It was actually on the same channel as the world 4 skip video.

Last edited:

Mondrae205

Senior Squid

Well, that was fast. It was actually on the same channel as the world 4 skip video.
Why did he not do the world 4 skip in this run? Was it before he knew about it? I knew that the homing bomb was good although I wonder why he didn't upgrade anything else. He must have thought that he didn't need to. I did notice that he didn't shift-cancel. Over-all a very good peek at what we can expect.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Why did he not do the world 4 skip in this run? Was it before he knew about it? I knew that the homing bomb was good although I wonder why he didn't upgrade anything else. He must have thought that he didn't need to. I did notice that he didn't shift-cancel. Over-all a very good peek at what we can expect.
The World 4 skip vid came a day later.

I'm potentially interested in doing this. Is there a speedrun community for this game coming around yet?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
That vid's already out of date.

So close to sub one hour, the barrier should be broken any day now...

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
By the way, can you just effectively make new files by making new Wii U profiles? Don't wanna lose my main progress of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom