• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who else thinks that singleplayer mode will be fun to speedrun?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Watching speedruns and speedrunning games is one of my favorite passtimes, and I think Splatoon will make an awesome speeedgame. Definitely going to try and learn it when it comes out!
I agree. That ink traveling will make for some interesting runs.

Oni

Full Squid
Hey guys oni333 from smashboards. you probably dont know me lol.

Speedrunning was the very first thing I thought of when the single player was announced. The potential movement options from inking and transforming can possibly be immense. Shooting will have to be quick and precise as well and will wind up looking cool as well. I cant wait to try it myself. Really hope im right so I can do some runs myself as I never have before.

I wonder what glitches we will be able to find.

Nester

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
Community Ambassador
SGDQ moved to our city this year, would be neat to see someone pull one off live!

Lyn

Premium
SGDQ moved to our city this year, would be neat to see someone pull one off live!
You are one lucky camper. I wonder if that will happen, it would be quite amazing.

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
Jeez, that's awesome! Even if there isn't any Splatoon, I'd still highly encourage you to go anyways. I haven't been to an event personally myself, but I've heard many positive things.

Oni

Full Squid
If squidboards is eventually going to have Groups like Smsahboards a speedrunning group will probably be nearly necessary lol. if only I had recording software ;_;

Lyn

Premium
If squidboards is eventually going to have Groups like Smsahboards a speedrunning group will probably be nearly necessary lol. if only I had recording software ;_;
This is the general recording program for Twitch streaming, it's free. Also pretty easy to use. [Link]

Reactions: Oni

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
Splatoon will most likely get into AGDQ2016. It's too bad there's no shot at it at sgdq this year since registration's already done, but that's the fate of all games that come out in spring. Tropical Freeze came out last february and had to wait until agdq to even register.

GDQ's are definitely a ton of fun to go to. I was lucky enough to do a run but even if you're just there to watch it's such a friendly environment, definitely worth it. Stay the whole week if you can though!

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
One of the most interesting and competitive aspects of Splatoon is its movement options and overall gameplay mechanics.

While (from what we've seen) the single-player campaign seems rather linear, I'd still be incredibly interested in seeing how the speedrunning community dissects the game's mechanics to maximize the Inkling's speed and movement.

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
It'd be extra awesome if the speed-strats are actually viable in multiplayer too, definitely gonna try running this if that's the case.

Also do you think we'll be able to restart our single player campaign/data without losing our multiplayer stuff? They're separate so it should be possible but I'm not sure how that would work if both modes are connected to the same profile. I don't wanna lose my multiplayer stuff ;-;

King

Inkling
Honestly I've been so focused on how the competitive scene would work that I didn't even think about speedruns, I'd definitely be interested in trying it out

Oni

Full Squid
Also do you think we'll be able to restart our single player campaign/data without losing our multiplayer stuff? They're separate so it should be possible but I'm not sure how that would work if both modes are connected to the same profile. I don't wanna lose my multiplayer stuff ;-;
I was just thinking about this yesterday.

may need a speedrun specific SD card and use the multiplayer data with the regular one used for other games or something. I know I have seen other games have that problem.

Lyn

Premium
Even though it would never happen think about if there was stage customization, like, singleplayer stages. Imagine all the options for creating insane and difficult things would be. Oh boy..

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
It'd be extra awesome if the speed-strats are actually viable in multiplayer too, definitely gonna try running this if that's the case.

If not, you could always just make a separate profile on your Wii U for your single player/speed running needs.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
With how short the first levels looked I was kind of worried that's the only thing single player would be fun for, but I've gotten more optimistic since gamexplain uploaded footage of level 6.

With Splatoon Amiibos even including time trails if I'm not remembering wrong time trials are going to be a blast! Now if only we could get reward relics for that Crash Bandicoot nostalgia!

Lyn

Premium
If not, you could always just make a separate profile on your Wii U for your single player/speed running needs.
What if there is shared data between profiles?

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
What if there is shared data between profiles?
That is a very rare case, with that only appearing with Smash Wii U I believe. More than likely, you can start each profile with a new game. Especially since the actual size of Splatoon is minuscule.

Reactions: Lyn

xAlias

Inkling
NNID
xAlias
Definitely. The levels are extremely straightforward and they look like they'll be playable in short bursts. Plus, the movement options will give players lots of options in terms of clearing the levels.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Definitely. The levels are extremely straightforward and they look like they'll be playable in short bursts. Plus, the movement options will give players lots of options in terms of clearing the levels.
i anticipate we'll be seeing lots of splatter hopping, since you cover so muh ground in a short amount of time

Of course, there could always be new tech discovered, as well as exploits discovered in the single player to perhaps skip certain areas altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom