• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who is really gonna get the Switch on launch day?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Slightly relevant, but the only Joycon issue that came up (for me) was that somehow the left one seemed to have been shipped with nary a percent of battery life left in it, despite the other half being decently charged. That of course being a problem solved by letting the poor thing charge overnight... though it kinda surprises me how they hold their charge for much longer than the system itself, unless I'm mistaking something.

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
So, to answer the initial posters questions I will say the following:
I personally am trying to get my hands on the Nintendo Switch as soon as possible not only for The Legend of Zelda, but because of 1 2 Switch as well and quite a few of the other launch games.

Why 1 2 Switch: I know many people look down on the idea of 1 2 Switch, but I really enjoy the concept because it genuinely takes what I like from the active tabletop games and puts that into a Video Game. I'm very heavy into both Video Games and Table Top Games, so something that bridges the gap between the two to make either one kind of game very approachable is perfect for me and I realize that 1 2 Switch is not for everyone because it fills that niche I was talking about.

The other games:
1. Arms, while this no longer is a release title it is still very worth having a switch over. Think of a more refined competitive, but spatially aware, take on Punch Out with of course the clear additions it has to offer that sort of series. While I personally might not be able to use motion controls, it will be fun to pick up and play with your friends.
2. Bomberman R, the worth is in the title alone. Bomberman is and has always been such a fun game series, especially the later additions to it where they added many things to the multiplayer. This will be rather fun for anyone, like Arms, to pick up and play any time.
3. Binding of Isaac, which is coming out next week. Binding of Isaac has always been that kind of game you just want to sit down and play for a very long time, and not because it's like any other game with a compelling story or something. Rather, because it's so challenging you want to feel the gratitude of at least getting through one boss. Though, it would be the best feeling ever if you got through it completely in one go.
4. Mario Kart, but because it has more replay value due to the addition they should of made awhile back to the original copy. The addition of course being battling. It's something simple and relaxing to play while the previous games I wouldn't say are.
... ETC, you can see where I'm going with this quite frankly.

This, and the fact I just want to play the games I love by a Company I more or less love on the go or at home. I don't want to have several different proprietary systems from the same company for on the go or at home, and I think we all know that if the Switch does well the 3DS will be obsolete in comparison at some point. I just want to try and help it along the way the only way I can for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom