• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why are Smash Fans so toxic toward Splatoon

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Wtf is wrong with the Smash Fanboys? It saw soooo many Smash fans who said "Splatoon sucks and theres no future for the game cause competetive Players stay at Smash" and stuff like that. Comparing 2 totally different Games is the most Stupid thing someone can do but it happens sooo often recently. It's like comparing Call of Duty and Tetris.....
Kids these days are making me sooo salty.

Let's enjoy Games without comparing them or trying to flame People who play different Games ~q~

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I think you're just seeing a minority of the Smash community, many Smash players like Etika are extremely excited for Splatoon, but the hater's voices are just louder than the other's.
ofc there are more people who are hyping Splatoon but the Splatoon hate is soooo big in the last few weeks

Gunster25

Pro Squid
ofc there are more people who are hyping Splatoon but the Splatoon hate is soooo big in the last few weeks
Yeah but that happens with many games, humans have a tendency throughout our entire species to deny new ideas so it really isn't very surprising.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
1. A good majority of people found this place from smashboards, and if the two hate each other so much, then why do the two sites seem exactly alike?
2. I haven't seen a single person hate on Splatoon's ability to become competitive. If anything, it helps out smash's competitive scene by making idiots who think Nintendo's games are for kids and shouldn't be taken seriously actually take us seriously
3. Fair or not, games are always compared to each other, no matter what genre they are, company that made them, how old they are, etc. It could be anything from Halo 2 and Halo 3 to COD: AW and Pokemon ORAS. Just because games are vastly different and should certainly not be compared, they have, are, and forever will be.

I highly doubt any smash fan can hate Splatoon so much, they've been asking for Splatoon DLC for an annoying long time now.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
I think it's just the minority speaks louder than the majority. It's also just weird for nintendo to have a shooter, so some people may just not be comfortable with the way competitive nintendo is going :P

Gunster25

Pro Squid
I think it's just the minority speaks louder than the majority. It's also just weird for nintendo to have a shooter, so some people may just not be comfortable with the way competitive nintendo is going :p
Yeah, I totally agree (No sarcasm intended)

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
(maybe it's because they're jealous of the Squid Kid commercial)

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
(maybe it's because they're jealous of the Squid Kid commercial)
THATS IT!!!! You are a Genius. They just wanted such a cool commercial for Smash too xD

It's ok if they think the Game is bad but some People are just too salty about Splatoon for no reason.

Fair or not, games are always compared to each other, no matter what genre they are
Hmm maybe you are at different places of the Internet but i've never seen People comparing 2 totally different games before xD (but i only play nintendo games so i don't know whats going on in the Sony / Microsoft / whatever community~)

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
They're not squids now, and they're not kids now. They're just sad that they can't be squids or kids.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ok no. No. No. No. No. NO! To that title. That is clickbait. Toxic is a horrendous buzz word, and calling out an entire fanbase is just bad. (Especially when the majority of people here are from smashboards i.e. the smash fanbase).

Honestly, you can't blame the smash bros fanbase. This is every minority from every fanbase. I've seen hate from every angle. This isn't just a smash bros theme, this is a in general there are people who dislike splatoon.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
There was hate? I love both games...

Then again I always avoid Youtube comments so...

Edit: Just avoid buzz titles like yours, we don't need a flame war by clumping all of a certain type of fan under one minor opinion.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Can we please not do this lol. Lets not make baseless accusations and it is their opinions who cares lol?[/QUOTE]
I hate this oxymoronic reasoning, if no one should care cause it's their opinion, then no one should care about what you just said cause it's your opinion. Your statement defeats itself and makes no logical sense.

Try not to generalize an entire fanbase based on it's worst members. Every community has their toxic members, so it's really pointless to single out communities for it. Just talk about people in general that don't like Splatoon or something. Also using words like "toxic" and "hating/hater" in thread titles usually does not promote positive or logical discussion within. : )

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
I don't really know any smash fans besides loud obnoxious people on the internet who hate splatoon. I love both games. And the kind of people who love smash and hate splatoon seem to lean towards... well, the same kind of guy as the loser who bought hundreds of Rosalina amiibos.

Also, it's definitely not the commercials. Couldn't be. Sure, they aren't squids or kids, but we're not SETTLING IT IN SMASH......

SETTLE IT IN SPLATOON!?! Hmm......

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Yeeaaahhh we should let this thread die out.

I haven't seen hate for Splatoon as much as I've seen "Wow why is there no voice chat" or "Private Lobbies have to be patched in???" and those are general complaints coming from all directions, pinning it on just the Smash fanbase is beyond silly.

I feel Splatoon is gonna lean on Smash for a little while before becoming it's own thing, and trying to start tension between the two communities does nothing but shoot us at Squidboards in the foot.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
I'd rather it not have to lean on Smash at all.
I would like it not to, but I dont think it could grow as well as it could with smash. Also most people who want to do competitive splatoon come from the competitive smash community.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
They're not? I have no idea where you got this from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom