• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why can't we pop bubble mid-air?

EnigmaZV

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3546-2843-0897
This always gets me in tricolor, since I don't really play bubble weapons

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
I play jr a lot and the amount of times ive gotten myself killed becuz ive run in and my special doesnt activate because im on some weird "cant use here" patch of terrain lmfao

evanstar

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1851-5708-4110
To elaborate, you can be literally 1 frame away from landing on the ground, and if you try to activate Big Bubbler it just won't activate. A simple solution to this would be allowing the player to buffer the Activation while in the air, and it'll activate when you touch the ground.

Minty!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2452-0470-2345
Additions like these are some of the coolest ideas the game has come across. Changes like letting storm heal, spreading out even amount of missiles, giving sting ray a wider radius and even letting squiffer charge mid-air have been game-changing and intriguing. Keep up the cool ideas!

moonleay

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0331-7101-0460
It is probably to prevent 100% secure drops.
Allowing the activation mid air would completely change the balance of this special.
A good idea imo would be to allow the activation if the player is up to 5 frames or smth from the ground. That would make the special work more reliably when jumping, whilst not making it OP.

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
It is probably to prevent 100% secure drops.
Allowing the activation mid air would completely change the balance of this special.
A good idea imo would be to allow the activation if the player is up to 5 frames or smth from the ground. That would make the special work more reliably when jumping, whilst not making it OP.
Bubble takes some time to activate, so being able to buffer it frame perfectly wouldn't be that good anyway

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i honestly feel like it was probably just the easiest thing for them to code lol, easier to make it if you don't have to add gravity and physics calculations to it. it should definitely have buffer frames though yeah, with how annoying pressing the stick in to activate a special can be in general i totally think it should be more lenient with the input

Kudzoo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3160-1485-8820
What if instead you could drop the big bubbler midair but the bubble shield doesn’t come out until it touches the ground similar to how slider works

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom