Why do the Squid Sisters say the same info over and over?

Mapet

Inkling
This seriously is a bother. Every time I boot up the game, I have to watch the Squid Sisters tell me about the current multiplayer maps or whatever. I've seen the same conversation or two at least ten times. What's the purpose of this?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To let you know what maps are available at the moment??

MewtwoLucas

Inkling
NNID
SMNathaniel
You can only play Turf War on certain maps at one specific time. They come on to let you know what maps you can play currently. Sometimes they'll "change" it, but it will just be the same maps again, this is when you will see them say the same info.

Gideonsmash

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Gideon1999
They're gonna add an update really soon where you can skip it. It isn't confirmed, but it's a very major issue of a lot of people and project STEAM also added an update where you can fast forward the enemy turn because a lot of people complained that it was taking too long. So I think they are actually listening to us, and especially with a big game like Splatoon.
I will be shocked if there isn't an update with an option to skip it within a month...

obscurica

Full Squid
NNID
obscurica
This seriously is a bother. Every time I boot up the game, I have to watch the Squid Sisters tell me about the current multiplayer maps or whatever. I've seen the same conversation or two at least ten times. What's the purpose of this?
The assumption is that you're only booting up once or twice a day, with enough leeway between periods for a map change-over to take place. It does get annoying--the info's provided freely from the touchpad menu anyhow.

KRBAY

Inkling
NNID
SSBBSonic
Apparently, if you hit ZL+ZR again, it skips the conversation. Haven't tried it myself yet, but it might work.

But yeah, the purpose of the conversation is to tell you what stages are available in Online Battle.

whizzer0

Inkling
NNID
whizzer
The assumption is that you're only booting up once or twice a day, with enough leeway between periods for a map change-over to take place. It does get annoying--the info's provided freely from the touchpad menu anyhow.
Seems odd that they couldn't just check to see if they've actually changed.

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
Hopefully they'll add in a way to skip it. I'm not really bothered by it, though.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mean yeah, the purpose is to tell you what is currently available. Hopefully, there is an update soon to allow skipping, but personally I'm not too bothered by it.

Granted, it will probably get worse when new modes are added and they have to announce the stages for those. And lets not even start on the fact that it looks like they are going to add another map slot for the rotation in the future...

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Honestly Im not too bothered by it. But I love the squid sisters and their stay fresh catchphrase so I might be biased

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I enjoy seeing the squid sisters. They could be in the game a lot more and I'd be happy with that.

Crome

Inkling
NNID
sboles66
Apparently holding the Z buttons down lets you skip the intro, haven't tested it yet.
Apparently, if you hit ZL+ZR again, it skips the conversation. Haven't tried it myself yet, but it might work.

But yeah, the purpose of the conversation is to tell you what stages are available in Online Battle.
Don't work.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I haven't a problem with it either if i'm honest. I can understand why some would find it bothersome, and I can certainly see an update coming in that'll allow you to skip. I probably won't skip it unless i'm pushes for time though :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom